Hey everyone, I'm looking for some shred that has kind of a bluesy vibe, I'm mostly a metal/rock/shred guitar player, but I'm interested on really working on groove,bends and vibrato, so I thought I would learn a shreddy song that incorporates these.

Any suggestions?
Although I don't really like his music, and I may have some people argue with me I'd have to say listen to Zakk Wylde.

His solo's are nothing but fast blues licks with lots of distortion and pinch harmonics.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Paul Gilbert has a bluesy album called Raw Blues Power that might be worth a look. If youre looking for more technical bluesy playing you might wanna check out some jazz fusion players, like Matt Schofield.

edit: Malmsteen has a song he calls "very bluesy" called Blue. Im not sure anyone else would call it "very bluesy", but it does incorporate fast blues licks and bends with all his usual neo-classicalisms

Also, here are a few of my favourate Paul Gilbert videos - very bluesy playing escalating into full blown shred madness;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miLvfZ4DupE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Xi8BHwGpg
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 23, 2011,
Really shred and blues? The blues is feeling what your playing.
One note can be way more powerful then 25 in the same amount of time.
I may be a sheltered guitar player, but it just seems slightly insulting to mix the genres.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
I´d say Zakk Wylde and Dimebag Darrel.
Both of em use the blues scale and such very much in their playing, so if you want "blues shred" id say those 2 are good masters of that.
Quote by teamhex
I may be a sheltered guitar player, but it just seems slightly insulting to mix the genres.

Because we all know that you can only ever show emotion on guitar by playing slowly with lots of bends and epic guitar faces, right?

I find it insulting that you would be so against someone shredding over a blues.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by teamhex

Can be. Not 'is'. That means that 25 notes can also be more powerful than one in the same amount of time.

I mean you could argue that shred music doesn't make you feel the same kinds of things as blues. But that's just you, not an objective fact. I tend to get 'happy' or 'angry' from shred - and those exist in blues too.

But I'm the kind of guy that likes punk-blues and those other crazy things the kids (like The White Stripes and Rocco DeLuca and The Kills and a bunch of other bands starting with 'The') are doing and I apologize if that kind of music insults you as well.
I mean you could argue that shred music doesn't make you feel the same kinds of things as blues. But that's just you, Louis Vuittonlvnot an objective fact. I tend to get 'happy' or 'angry' from shred - and those exist in blues too.
Quote by teamhex

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by teamhex

You're an idiot. Modern music, including shredding, is heavily influenced by blues music. It's not mixing genres, it's the evolution of a genre.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by teamhex
I may be a sheltered guitar player, but

you're a sheltered guitar player
Quote by griffRG7321
Listen to this guy ^

Quote by Mad Marius
Nu-metal:

- tumble dryer
- cat
- pitch shifter
Quote by ArtemR
definitely dimebag, fast creepyish-bluesy solos

+1 Dimbag also +1 Jakk Wylde
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Dave Murray from Iron Maiden. His education in blues is really evident in his music. It's not shred but I don't think you mean shred, just tearing up a blues scale.

And to whoever said this was somehow a contradiction, when you get really good at it, it is certainly possible to put emotion into speedy play. And the blues scale is a great way to do it because the blues notes naturally have a feel to them that captures and produces emotion, at whatever speed, when you focus on this.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Check out Cinema and Meltdown by Vinnie Moore.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Gary Moore. (RIP)
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 and Gibson Les Paul Custom is litteraly sex in my ear!!!

"THESE AMPS GO TO 11!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't really like shred but Joe Bonamassa might be worth checking out.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.