Pretty much any guitar over 900 will have a good trem on it. With that money you could get a Prestige Ibanez. Awesome guitars
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
If you see guitars with an FRT floyd rose that's good. (Not as much as the OFR, but still up there)

Most if not all Prestige Ibanez will have good floyds.

Problem is: What kinda neck profiles do you prefer?
ESP? Jackson? Fender? Ibanez? Schecter? Gibson?

No one should be able to make a proper recommendation if we don't know what kinda guitars you like to begin with,
Quote by siverstorm
If you see guitars with an FRT floyd rose that's good. (Not as much as the OFR, but still up there)

Most if not all Prestige Ibanez will have good floyds.

Problem is: What kinda neck profiles do you prefer?
ESP? Jackson? Fender? Ibanez? Schecter? Gibson?

No one should be able to make a proper recommendation if we don't know what kinda guitars you like to begin with,

gibson 60s is my favorite
Quote by manubro1
gibson 60s is my favorite

and it also didnt have a floyd rose.
why exactly do you personally want one?
what guitars have you played with a floyd rose?
Last edited by caw1 at Mar 22, 2011,
RR24 Jackson, have even more expensive guitars now, but this one just blows away everything when we talk ab metal... If that's ur thing anyway.
if you like gibson's 60's necks and a floyd, buy a peavey wolfgang. they floyds are not liscensed, on the peavey's, but they are amazing trems. i would take one over a schaller lisc one anyday. thick ass baseplate, everything is sturdy on a guitar.

wolfgangs sound kinda like pissed off les pauls, (even though they really coudn't be mucm different).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
CARVIN! If you do, then I suggest you don't get the maple neck. It's neck-through, so maple will be like 80% of the tone. Get the mahogany neck unless you like REALLY bright guitars.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Seanthesheep
there are so many guitars id rather have than an RR24, even when it comes to metal

It's the best sounding thing I've ever heard, I guarantee... :p
<insert something smart or funny here>
maybe but the idea of a rhoads shape and 1 emg i think is aweful, anything past like 300$ pretty much must have 2 pickups imo, and a rhoads shape is pretty impractical unless you only play standing. true you can manage with it sitting down but the neck will be pretty close to vertical which i hate. i love the rhoads shape but dont think its practical.

but now going back to the acctual post, maybe an esp horizon? im pretty sure the neck profile is similar to what youre after
Quote by caw1
and it also didnt have a floyd rose.
why exactly do you personally want one?
what guitars have you played with a floyd rose?

um, because he wants one?

I don't think you should limit yourself to 60s LP type necks either, you may find something you prefer. Just make sure whatever it is has a good FR, Newer Ibanez are great, OFR also great. Jackson Licensed etc..meh, not really worth the effort.
Quote by Seanthesheep
maybe but the idea of a rhoads shape and 1 emg i think is aweful, anything past like 300$ pretty much must have 2 pickups imo, and a rhoads shape is pretty impractical unless you only play standing. true you can manage with it sitting down but the neck will be pretty close to vertical which i hate. i love the rhoads shape but dont think its practical.

but now going back to the acctual post, maybe an esp horizon? im pretty sure the neck profile is similar to what youre after

iunno I play with my RR3 sitting all the time and find it comfy as hell
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
I'd personally recommend going with a used ESP Horizon FR-II, or a new Edwards model of some sort with an FRT. The necks aren't as thick as Gibsons, but they are a thicker than anything else being suggested.

Quote by Tempoe

I don't think you should limit yourself to 60s LP type necks either, you may find something you prefer. Just make sure whatever it is has a good FR, Newer Ibanez are great, OFR also great. Jackson Licensed etc..meh, not really worth the effort.

Why should he get anything else when he knows a neck profile he likes?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
2nd hand gibson that came with a floyd?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Charvel San Dimas, I have one, plays good, looks great and has an OFR, all that for 1000$
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Quote by terribleguitar
Charvel San Dimas, I have one, plays good, looks great and has an OFR, all that for 1000$

I used to have a type 2. Fantastic guitar. Wish I still had it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
For $1500 you can get a Carvin CT6. I think you can get the floyd option for under your budget... epic guitars. Even if you had to save up another $100 for the floyd, well worth it.

Even one of their DC series guitars would be pretty bad ass.

My CT624 has a mahogany neck with the stock pickups, and it's got some balls.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes