Unfortunately, when a guitar playing teenager is fresh out of eighth grade and manages to acquire a reasonable amount of money, the aforementioned teenager will use his poor decision making skills to invest all of that hard earned cash into a Zakk Wylde Epiphone...completely disregarding that he will only really enjoy Zakk Wylde or that cheesy bullseye design for about another year or so.

Well, I've spent almost 6 years bonding with that guitar now (given it's hardly my main instrument these days), and I don't intend to give up something I've grown so partial to, in favor of getting half the cash I paid for it in the first place. But, quite frankly, I still find it to be pretty ugly.

With the aid of a guitar-savvy friend, I intend to strip the paint from the facade of the guitar body (the bullseye area) and create some sort of a cool piece of artwork in it's place. However, I need to know what kind of paint I should/can use for the painting. I was hoping I would be able to use acrylic paints or something, as I'm already pretty comfortable using those (as well as oil paints)....but really I have no idea what would be a good medium for me to use.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by kurtshapedbox at Mar 23, 2011,
You can use lacquer or nitrocellulose. I'm partial to lacquer finishes myself. But hell, I've even seen decent finishes come from a Krylon can, so those definitely aren't your only options.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
My intention is to do a slightly more in depth piece of artwork on the the body (one possibility includes doing a reproduction of a whirlpool galaxy picture) Are those suggestions something I'd be able to use for that, or will they only work for more plain/solid finishes?