hello UG ive got an Ibanez Rg321 and I gotta say I love it , but it came with stock pick ups and i wanted to try adding some better pick ups for them.... I had my eye on this Squier deluxe hot rails guitar that i get to play on when i go for guitar lessons during the week. but i dont have enough info on the hotrails to make a decision

plan is either to buy the deluxe hot rails (already has seymour duncan pickups), or Look for cheap but good pick ups something versatile

lol But as of right now im not sure how the deluxe hot rails stands against the ibanez rg321 i mean their both about the same price
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Last edited by Marqway at Mar 23, 2011,
anyone
How in the hell did your second post go BACK in time?

Anyways, don't buy pickups from Squier, if your going to buy aftermarket pickups, buy from a good pickup brand like Seymore Duncan or DiMarizo. And I would just put some new pickups in your Ibanez.
Quote by ethan_hanus
How in the hell did your second post go BACK in time?

Anyways, don't buy pickups from Squier, if your going to buy aftermarket pickups, buy from a good pickup brand like Seymore Duncan or DiMarizo. And I would just put some new pickups in your Ibanez.

lol well I i noticed that squier deluxe hotrails comes with seymour duncan pickups which is why i was thinking of buying the guitar , either that or just try to get seymour duncan pickups on my ibanez
3 Hotrails: $240

Squier Deluxe Hotrails: $280

...?

Though those are the cheaper "Duncan Designed" hotrails on the guitar.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
im confused. do u want new pickups or a new guitar with better pickups? the squier has duncan designed pickups, which arent as good. if you want new pickups, real seymour duncan rails are amazing. you can get them pretty cheap used. if you want something cheaper, look at GFS pickups. if you want a new guitar, you will have to be more specific as to what you are looking for.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
im confused. do u want new pickups or a new guitar with better pickups? the squier has duncan designed pickups, which arent as good. if you want new pickups, real seymour duncan rails are amazing. you can get them pretty cheap used. if you want something cheaper, look at GFS pickups. if you want a new guitar, you will have to be more specific as to what you are looking for.

ah , thanx, i want better pick ups for my Ibanez rg321 then , i guess no squier deluxe hot rails 280$

anyone know How much Seymour duncan rails are ... ill prolly just put in 1
i think they are roughly $70 new, about $45ish used. well worth it though. they are very strong and very balanced.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
nice thanx