I switch between 3 different guitars and it is tedious keeping them in tune especially out door gigs. I have noticed strings tend to go flat after playing on them for a while, is this because the strings are heating up from the friction and are expanding causing them to go flat? I watched a guitar lesson online where after playing a while the teacher adjusted his tuning and said the guitar is heating up.

So is there a trick to keeping them in tune to where you don't constantly have to re-tune after every song?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Yea maybe change your strings but if its that big of a hassel cuz those things just won't keep tune upgrade to some locking tuners or get a locking nut

And I've never heard of strings going out of tune cuz you got them to hot from your playing
Exept in cartoons where they play so fast the neck catches fire
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I never have problems staying in tune... What guitars are you using? Also, are you using the stringing method illustrated in the setup thread?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I am using a Gibson ES-335 a Fender ASS and a Fender Tele. No locking nuts.
Would it help to lubricate the nut with graphite?
OffWorld, when you refer to the setup guide, are you referring to the number of times the string is wound around the post?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
If you lubricate it would keep it from binding at the nut when you do bends which might be your problem that when you bend you pull the strings through the nut but they bind and can't go back to normal so your left with a string that sounds flat
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X