Okay - this is probably my most important post ever - for today I am submitting for your entertainment, a myriad of gear so tantalizing, you would jizz your pants (if I had a means of recording this setup )

Anywayyy - basically this is a compilation of all the gear Ive acquired over the past month-and-a-half. To begin with, heres the list of stuff:

• Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
  • Hartke LH500
  • Hartke HA4000
  • Hartke VX1508
  • GK Backline BLX-II
  • Line 6 M9 Stompbox
  • Wireless Systems, BBE Sonic Maximizer, various other pedals

Review:

F**king amazing. Basically the way Im running it is Guitar -> Line 6 M9 (which has stereo output/input) -> Hartke LH500 -> Hartke VX1508
-> Hartke HA4000 -> GL Backline 4x10

Now - Im using the LH500 for the top-end, because the tube pre-amp sounds great with the Line 6 M9, it does in fact sound like a tube amp when combined with the M9, and the Hartke VX cabinet, which has a 15" speaker, 2 8" speakers, and a horn, and it covers all frequencies by itself, and it the best cabinet Ive ever heard, and I got it for 100$.

For sound enhancement I also run the M9 into the Hartke HA4000 which has the treble cut, and its set for a deep bass and bass boost, and it runs into the 4x10 cabinet. This adds a very nice deep bassy sound and boy does it thump. Using this amp, I pretty much eliminate the need for a bassist (although its still always nice to have one).

Ive owned a few nice tube amps and this setup sounds even better than most tube amps - the only way this setup could get better is to replace the LH500 with a Peavey 6505+ or a high-end Engl or something similar, which I hope to eventually do.

Im hoping to get a USB interface ASAP to record the XLR outs of both amps, because when these amps are blended, they sound pretty damn amazing, Im pretty proud of this setup.

I have to say, the center piece of this whole setup is the M9, which is an amazing system. I wish I had the M13, but the M9 does what I need. Im hoping to eventually replace this with my dream system - the Axe-FX But I dont have 1200$ for an effects system

TL;DR - Got some new shit, sounds pretty cool

Finally time for pics!

Pics

Total worth of rig: 2500-3000$
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Mar 23, 2011,
the TL;DR interested me more than the post (i've got a short attention span)

happy new stuff... erm... month-and-a-half.

*thumbs up*
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
This is probably a stupid question, but what exactly does the BBE do? I can't get a straight answer out of googling it.

And how's the Root sig? I've never actually seen one in person, i've always wondered how the necks are on 'em as well as how the fret access is..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This is probably a stupid question, but what exactly does the BBE do? I can't get a straight answer out of googling it.

And how's the Root sig? I've never actually seen one in person, i've always wondered how the necks are on 'em as well as how the fret access is..

In its simplest form, basically what a sonic maximizer does is like taking a blanket off of your amp. It seperates the frequencies and makes a clearer sound, you can enhance the sub-bass of your sound and the high frequencies that make a clearer sound. Theres a maximizer on my Line 6 M9, so I dont use the BBE pedal too much these days. But its great, especially for a tube amp. Put it in your effects loop, youll love it.

As for the Root, its superb. The neck is faster than an Ibanez Prestige.. I couldnt believe it when I played it, if it was a 24 fret neck itd be a 10/10. The mahogany body + EMGs sound great.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Could you explain to me the point of owning a full stack?

Other than that, jealous as tits of the JR Tele. IMO the best Signature guitar offered - since Fender makes 0 EMG equipped guitars stock. I wish it had 2 volume knobs, but thats the only change I'd make.

Wish I could find a used one out there, or just one out there to try and see if I like its playability as much as its looks.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Could you explain to me the point of owning a full stack?

Other than that, jealous as tits of the JR Tele. IMO the best Signature guitar offered - since Fender makes 0 EMG equipped guitars stock. I wish it had 2 volume knobs, but thats the only change I'd make.

Wish I could find a used one out there, or just one out there to try and see if I like its playability as much as its looks.

The point? Because I can. But since Im running each cabinet into its own amp, I basically use one to run my bass signal, so it doesnt muddy up my mids and highs. It acts as a nice deep bass boost. Plus it looks cool

Also, the JR Signature is awesome. It was pretty nice of Jim to decide against putting his name all over it, I hate signature guitars that have branding all over them.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Pics or it is a beat to death hello kitty.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
so you are running a Tele with EMG's through a multi effect and then on to a bass amp and bass cabs.

that's a different way to go at it for sure!

HNSD

NICE!

Im waiting on my JR startocaster to show up.
then Ill be deciding what head and cab to get as well. not quite sure yet

how does the tele play?
Quote by gregs1020
so you are running a Tele with EMG's through a multi effect and then on to a bass amp and bass cabs.

that's a different way to go at it for sure!

HNSD

would do

i wub Jim Root. I would have his babies if I had a vagina.
Quote by voleurz
NICE!

Im waiting on my JR startocaster to show up.
then Ill be deciding what head and cab to get as well. not quite sure yet

how does the tele play?

Plays great. Neck = faster than Ibanez Prestige Wizard
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Wow, a Slipknot signature guitar and Line 6. Let me get my tissues out... :P

I never quite understood why people post things with this kind of attachment..."amazing best NGD in the history of the world, you guys are going to flip out omg". Ok, you got a new rig you're happy with. That's great! But every time I see one of these kinds of posts I feel like I'm watching a gear soap opera of some sort and all the self-gratifying posts kinda make me sick. No one here will ever do more than look at your pics and go "oh, that looks nice" and then move on with their day. Just saying...

Jokes/sarcasm aside, I'm glad you got something you're digging. I'm actually making a heavy metal tele of my own nowadays, so hopefully I'll like mine as much as you like yours.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.