Sounds really ****ing good, dude.

Seriously good stuff right here, good work!

Sounds awesome, I would certainly consider picking an album of this up.

My only criticsim would be it sounds like there's a pretty loose low end on the kick drum. Could do with a bit more lift in the high mids and treble to help it cut through, and the low end boost wants to come up to around somewhere between 80-120Hz, and probably down by 1 or 2 dB as well. A high pass filter around 50Hz won't do any harm to eliminate the rumble. It's odd, because every other element in the mix sounds pretty spot on.

I guess it might be too late to change this, but it doesn't really matter, cause it's not stopping the music from being expressed, and the music is great
My Bands

Latest Original Recording
Quote by Daemos
Sounds awesome, I would certainly consider picking an album of this up.

My only criticsim would be it sounds like there's a pretty loose low end on the kick drum. Could do with a bit more lift in the high mids and treble to help it cut through, and the low end boost wants to come up to around somewhere between 80-120Hz, and probably down by 1 or 2 dB as well. A high pass filter around 50Hz won't do any harm to eliminate the rumble. It's odd, because every other element in the mix sounds pretty spot on.

I guess it might be too late to change this, but it doesn't really matter, cause it's not stopping the music from being expressed, and the music is great

Youtube is known for degrading the sound quality a bit so the actual MP3 might sound better.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Hey man, kick drum has been a constant problem through out the album for me, i just haven't been able to get it to cut through the mix enough without it rumbling/peaking/clipping etc...
I'm still mixing a bit so i'll work on it more, and i'll try what you suggested. Thanks.

And there is an mp3 i uploaded to Reverb Nation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/astralwinter

I added a bit of compression to it, so it does sound a bit better then the video.

Thanks for the replys.
-Josh
Quote by kcorkcar
Youtube is known for degrading the sound quality a bit so the actual MP3 might sound better.

It will do, but there's no doubting there's a -lot- of sub-bass on that one sound. I don't hear it on any of the other instruments, or other songs, so I'm thinking it's probably a mix issue.

Either way, it's awesome music.

EDIT: OH YEAH! Compression, forgot about that! That's probably a good call for a metal kick drum. I usually go for attack over 100ms with the fastest possible or auto-release. That should let you get your transients really pretty loud without obscuring the bass too much or getting all that rumble happening
My Bands

Last edited by Daemos at Mar 23, 2011,
Thanks mate! You seem to know alot more about this then i do.
I'll have a mess around with it later and use what you recommened. Hopefully it'll solve the problem.

Thanks again.
Not really, but hopefully one or two of those things will help. Play about a bit with settings, but hopefully what I said will be in the ballpark. The rest of your mix is ace - better than anything I've managed so far!

Good luck, hope the album does well mate!
My Bands

Wow. I recall listening (and thoroughly enjoying) your older work, maybe a year, maybe even 2 ago? This is just sounding top notch, and significantly better. Loving the vocals to add. I'd throw myself on the list and say I'd be down to get a copy if you produce this!