manually, with no string winder?

Stupid question, I guess, but my new strings just arrived, and I realized I gave my little winder thing to my sister.

Also, having not put much care or attention into my guitar in the last year or so, is there any other maintainence I should get out of the way, before or after I restring?
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
If there is, my guitar should be totally messed up right now. Yet, it's not.

I'm not the expert, but every time I restring (every 4 months maybe, only play maybe twice a week, practice with a different guitar) I clean my fretboard with cleaner, I tighten any loose tuning pegs, clean my saddle with a dust remover, and.. make sure my pots are clean.
I don't really think there's anything bad. Just be careful not to hurt yourself though.
If it sounds okay, don't touch it.
And no, you don't need a string winder. For hundreds of years, it's been done manually. It just takes longer.
I never used one until I got my acoustic. I bought a Planet Waves bridge pin remover/string cutter/string winder. It's not a huge deal, just quicker and more convenient. I could easily live without using a string winder.
Apart from the fact it takes a little longer, no. All your doing differently with a winder is using the winder to turn the tuner button faster.
You will be fine without a string winder. I would clean the fretboard and neck. Tighten any loose tuners. Then put the strings on and check neck relief/action. Only adjust those last two if necessary.
If anything, with a string winder you might chip or skew a tuner button, if it's not a completely perfect fit. You're not going to do that turning it with your fingers.
How do you think they changed strings before the string winder was invented?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
How do you think they changed strings before the string winder was invented?

Their psychic abilities, since atrophied in modern man.

Anyway, job done! It's been a while, don't think I did a great job, some of the strings wrapped around the pegs look ugly and disorganized, but they're on, it's tight and in tune. ^__^
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]