Just to boost my confidence in my lead playing I want to learn an easy instrumental, Something like Steve Vai's: For The Love Of God but easier..
Something that involves guitar technique and emotion in the song... NOT SPEED.

So suggest me something.
Quote by Zanon
Cause We've ended as Lovers - Jeff Beck.

Or check out the Guthrie Govan & Bille Sheehan version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclNPCW9tDo

Just checked out the original version (prefer that one myself), and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know Beck did that sort of stuff, I've always assumed he was more of a blues guy, but this is very Steve Vai, and I like what I hear, I better make a start on his discography. Really should've checked Beck out before now ><
Sorry, but Jeff Beck is not my kinda thing.. I find his stuff kinda boring (no offence intended for the fans or Jeff Beck).

anything else? :P
Quote by MaddMann274
Sorry, but Jeff Beck is not my kinda thing.. I find his stuff kinda boring (no offence intended for the fans or Jeff Beck).

anything else? :P

Might be an idea to put some more stuff you're interested in in your original post, generally is pretty handy :P
Quote by elvor0
Might be an idea to put some more stuff you're interested in in your original post, generally is pretty handy :P

Steve Vai and Joe Satriani kinda style.
Quote by Sean0913
I'm Alright - Neil Zaza

Sean

This song was perfect.......... until it got to the insanely fast sweep picking section.
But I think it will do for now.

If anymore please post.
Easy instrumentals are quite difficult to come by, on the basis that many of the guitarists who play and compose them are amazing (and thus like to add little sections to make sure you won't be playing the entire song any time soon :P)

Off the top of my head I can only really think of metalish instrumentals that are relatively easy all the way through... I'd say try To live is to die by Metallica. Its not really that metal, has plenty of atmosphere and a few easy solos to boot. I'd say if you were looking for easier instrumentals, you'd be wanting to look at band based instrumentals, not so much solo artist/virtuoso instrumentals