Page 1 of 2
There was just (5 mins ago) an explosion in downtown Jerusalem, and so far speculations are that around 20 people got hurt. I can hear the sirens from my house.

Article from Haaretz

There was also a movement in the extremist Muslim world to start a third intifada around April this year, and I assume this signifies the start of another wave of terror. These guys are making it really hard to be a left-winger in Israel.

I hope no one died. And I'm sorry about the badly-constructed thread, I'm just shaken.

Thoughts?
Its all over the news, my Grandmother heard the boom from her house
Looks like shiit has hit the fan

Edit: Are you ok btw? Goddamnit its is really hard being left winged right now..
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Mar 23, 2011,
it will never stop

Stay safe

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Oh thank god..They just said on the news there were no civilians killed.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Hope people are ok.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
Its all over the news, my Grandmother heard the boom from her house
Looks like shiit has hit the fan

Edit: Are you ok btw? Goddamnit its is really hard being left winged right now..

Yes, I'm OK, I live quite a way from there, thankfully. But still, shit!

And yes, I don't know what to think right now. I was Über left wing until now, and right this moment I just don't know what to think.

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
Oh thank god..They just said on the news there were no civilians killed.

Thankfully. I just hope the wounded will make it.

Thanks to everybody who showed support.
Yikes, I hope everyone's okay and you all stay safe.

What's up with the "Hard to be left wing is Israel" ? I'm sorry, I'm young, I'm American, I haven't watched the news in a week.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Is Rebecca Black okay?

Dude...

Just GTFO.

Quote by thePTOD
Yikes, I hope everyone's okay and you all stay safe.

What's up with the "Hard to be left wing is Israel" ? I'm sorry, I'm young, I'm American, I haven't watched the news in a week.

Thanks man. And in Israel, left and right wing isn't a social-economic stance like in most of the world, but rather your view on the Israeli-Palestinian relations, i.e. (very simplified), Right wing = anti-Palestinian independence, Left wing = for Palestinian independence etc.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Is Rebecca Black okay?

shitstorm brewing, I can taste it....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by jimmyled
I was Über left wing until now, and right this moment I just don't know what to think.

Dont let fear sway you. Stand for what you believe. Don't let others tactics of fear shape you into what they want you to be. Be you. Believe in what you feel is right.

I'm american and I'm sure you guys have hardships that I couldn't possibly understand, but we see these countries gets pushed around all the time.

I think the whole Libya thing is a major accomplishment.

You guys (all these oppressed countries) need to start standing up for yourselves and what you believe in. Make change happen.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!

Quote by Vitor_vdp
Is Rebecca Black okay?

Dick move. GTFO!

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by slash_GNR666
shitstorm brewing, I can taste it....

Calm down guys, it was just a little joke about the fact it happened at a bus stop...

Plus I only said it after I read there were no civilians killed, otherwise I would have held back my humour

Anyway, how old are you? Maybe it's time to move?
Quote by jimmyled
Dude...

Just GTFO.

Thanks man. And in Israel, left and right wing isn't a social-economic stance like in most of the world, but rather your view on the Israeli-Palestinian relations, i.e. (very simplified), Right wing = anti-Palestinian independence, Left wing = for Palestinian independence etc.

I see. Well damn, sounds like the Left wings are having a really tough time. I'd probably be on the left side too.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
I see. Well damn, sounds like the Left wings are having a really tough time. I'd probably be on the left side too.

I don't understand how people can be right wing, though I have several friends who are.
Well, I just spoke to my father, who's a doctor in the Hospital the wounded were taken to, and according to him, there are dead.

shit.

R.I.P. unsuspecting souls. it's all over now.

Man, truly sorry to hear that people were killed by this. Just stay safe, posters who are there. It's all very easy for people in countries to say 'stand up and fight for what you believe', but that is naive to say the least. I don't really know much about the political situation over there, but do stay safe.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Quote by darkwolf291

Glad you're ok

Thanks, but I'm not really concerned about my self right now.

Thanks again to everyone who showed support.
Man, it must be crazy being caught up in the middle of that. I can't imagine. I hope everyone is ok, and I hope the perpetrator is caught.

Now, having said that, I don't know what Israel expects when they've got millions of people penned up in the world's largest prison. In this scenario, terrorist attacks are bound to happen. I don't want to be the instigator of the inevitable shitstorm, but it has to be said.
I don't want to start a political discussion about this, but that's a very one sided and faulty view of things.
Quote by jimmyled
I don't want to start a political discussion about this, but that's a very one sided and faulty view of things.

Not really. If a thread was made for every time Israel turned Gaza into a parking lot, we'd have a whole lot of threads about parking lots. Oh and settlements.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by Beserker
Man, it must be crazy being caught up in the middle of that. I can't imagine. I hope everyone is ok, and I hope the perpetrator is caught.

Now, having said that, I don't know what Israel expects when they've got millions of people penned up in the world's largest prison. In this scenario, terrorist attacks are bound to happen. I don't want to be the instigator of the inevitable shitstorm, but it has to be said.

Millions?

Also, bring it on.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Yeah, it was a very tasteless thing to say regardless of your political views.
Quote by jimmyled
Yeah, it was a very tasteless thing to say regardless of your political views.

We are talking about pit dwellers, right?

You looking for tasteful and stuff look somewhere else.

You can say your mother died and they'll laugh in your face.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
ive been really buys and not up on current affairs atall, but this has been coming hasn't it?
as in this isn't some sudden surprise but there has been build up?
swear ive seen some palestine/israel stuff recently

anyone can fill me in?
Quote by imthehitcher
ive been really buys and not up on current affairs atall, but this has been coming hasn't it?
as in this isn't some sudden surprise but there has been build up?
swear ive seen some palestine/israel stuff recently

anyone can fill me in?

There was a murder of an Israeli family, but it wasn't really an organised attack by a terror cell. Then suddenly Aza started bombing Israel again, last week. So no, no real build up. And this really comes as a surprise, because the last time anything like that happened was in 2004.
Quote by jimmyled
There was a murder of an Israeli family, but it wasn't really an organised attack by a terror cell. Then suddenly Aza started bombing Israel again, last week. So no, no real build up. And this really comes as a surprise, because the last time anything like that happened was in 2004.

maybe that was it.
damn, well lets hope its just a one off
middle east is going crazy enough without more problems in Israel/Palestine
Yeah, it sucks big time. It's also a pretty bad time for the instigators to attack, what with everything happening around the globe.
Quote by jimmyled
Yeah, it sucks big time. It's also a pretty bad time for the instigators to attack, what with everything happening around the globe.

Excellent time really, from their point of view.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Be safe!!! o.O

Also...not going to lie. Intifada sounds like something I'd get off the menu at Taco Bell.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Excellent time really, from their point of view.

Not really, when you think about it, because that way they get less publicity.
Quote by SGstriker
Be safe!!! o.O

Also...not going to lie. Intifada sounds like something I'd get off the menu at Taco Bell.

But thanks.
Quote by Beserker

This.
I'm not going to take sides on the whole political debate like some posters here are doing, I just hope all you guys on here are alright.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
This is awful, and I'm really disappointed it's come to violence again. However, Israeli forces have attacked Palestinians once or twice in the past month, taking civilian lives each time - I feel this hasn't been emphasised here.

It is inevitable, though, unless the overwhelming desire of Israelis and Palestinians for a negotiated solution is answered by their governments. :/

EDIT:

Stop acting like this is a natural disaster, guys. Terrorism is a political phenomenon.
Quote by jimmyled
Not really, when you think about it, because that way they get less publicity.

But thanks.

I seriously thought when I first saw the thread title that this was going to be about how you were about to eat a third intifada at Taco Bell, and I was going commend you on having intestines of steel, because three of anything at Taco Bell would give me the ass-blasts.

Epic Neil Patrick Harris avatar by the way. I love that show.

On topic:
I kinda felt like something was going to happen again soon because of everything else that is happening in the Middle East right now. It's a shame I wasn't wrong though.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Page 1 of 2