Well, after trying to go Old School with my fretless bass, I've come to realize something.
The stock bridges for jazz's suck.
The saddles slide all around, from side to side, and the pressure of the strings and magnetic pull of the pickups force them down.
After constantly getting my bass set up (every month at least) to adjust from these problems, I finally realized I never had that problem with my Geddy Lee's Badass-II Bridge.

So, let this serve as a warnign to anybody who want's to go make a classic: Don't put your style over finction. I've put a lot of extra $$$ into my bass, just to maintain it, because I wanted an inferior but classic look to my bass.

Now, the real purpose of this post it this:
I plan to switch my bridges, and put the bridge on my Geddy Lee onto my fretless.
Now will this change the tone much (the woods and width of neck, some electrical are all different on the two basses, so a direct comparison won't work), and although I'm not positive, are the saddles on a Badass-II closer to the pickups? It seems like the bridge is larger, and the gap between it and the bridge pickup will get smaller after the switch.

Peace
Rig of Doom:
1. Custom Warmoth Fretless Jazz
2. Geddy Lee Jazz (backup)
3. Fender Precision
Through:
VOX Pathfinder Bass 10
Soon to run through:
Acoustic 360/361 rig
The saddles should stay in exactly the same place or your intonation will be off. The tone will probably get marginally brighter because of the additional mass and size of the BAII. A great vintage styled alternative to the Badass II is the Gotoh 201 Bridge.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'm looking for something that won't shift aroun like stock bridges do.
How are Gotoh bridges for that? I know the BA-II are solid, and I have a spare one.
I'm just looking for the most solid, movement-resistant bridge I can get.
Rig of Doom:
3. Fender Precision
Through:
VOX Pathfinder Bass 10
Soon to run through:
Acoustic 360/361 rig
I have never had a problem with string or saddle movement on my Gotoh.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
you have a spare BAII? damn. yeah dude if you just have a BAII lying around use that.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I pretty much exclusively use my fretless, so my Geddy Lee might get switched out
Rig of Doom:
3. Fender Precision
Through:
VOX Pathfinder Bass 10
Soon to run through:
Acoustic 360/361 rig
oh okay. but gotoh 201 is a great bridge. the BA II is a bit better, but it costs way more. you might want to get a gotoh for your geddy lee and put the BA on the fretless
no sir away a papaya war is on