I bought an 80's DOD FX-90 delay pedal and im not sure how to power it.

The backplate says "For AC operation: Use a 10 volt D.C. Negative ground power supply."

The little leads I have which go from my DC Brick to my pedals dont match the socket on the pedal, The leads I've got have a barrel shaped connector, but pedal needs the other kind, the pointed ones that look like a headphone plug, and the DC Brick needs the same type of plug as the pedal. So do i just need a lead that has the same connector at both ends? If thats right , what way would the polarity need to go?

thanks for your help.
There is an adapter to go from the Boss style barrel to the 1/8" headphone jack.

One Spot:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SpotC35/

But, having a bunch of old DOD pedals including the FX90, I would suggest getting a dedicated power supply just for the Delay.

For whatever reason, it really likes its own power supply.
Last edited by irnmadn88 at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by irnmadn88
There is an adapter to go from the Boss style barrel to the 1/8" headphone jack.

One Spot:

http://www.noiseguide.com/product_info/visual_sound_1_spot_35mm_converter_c35

But, having a bunch of old DOD pedals including the FX90, I would suggest getting a dedicated power supply just for the Delay.

For whatever reason, it really likes its own power supply.

I would have liked to get one of the DOD adapters for the pedal, but I just cant find one anywhere

And I checked your link, I dont think that works cos the sockets from the DC Brick and The socket on the pedal are the same shape
Last edited by gary1991 at Mar 23, 2011,
Look for something like this with similar specs:

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/dod/fx/ps3

EDIT: I changed the link, but that cable does not to go directly into the DC brick, it is a cable adapter to go from the male end of a Boss type barrel plug to the DOD pedal.

EDIT2: DC Brick Cables:

So you need a cable that has 1/8" male jacks on both ends.

Just make sure the DC brick is TIP (+) and SLEEVE (-).
Last edited by irnmadn88 at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by gary1991
Sorry forgot to mention, I looked at some of those, but the cannot be plugged in in britain, the all had plugs for US wall sockets

Problem solved. See above.
Quote by irnmadn88
Problem solved. See above.

Those are the leads that came with my DC Brick, the bit that looks the same as the tip on some headphones goes into the Brick and The cylinder barrel shaped bit is meant to go to the pedal, but it doesnt fit that side of the lead, they need the same shaped connector
Those are the leads that came with my DC Brick, the bit that looks the same as the tip on some headphones goes into the Brick and The cylinder barrel shaped bit is meant to go to the pedal, but it doesnt fit that side of the lead, they need the same shaped connector[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Is the package on the top in the pic not the correct lead?
Quote by gary1991
Those are the leads that came with my DC Brick, the bit that looks the same as the tip on some headphones goes into the Brick and The cylinder barrel shaped bit is meant to go to the pedal, but it doesnt fit that side of the lead, they need the same shaped connector[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Is the package on the top in the pic not the correct lead?

Oh man sorry, I was looking at the wrong ones You were Right, thanks a lot for your help.