Im definitely not opposed to going used. I have an amp already (peavey JSX 2x12 combo), but its just too big to bring to the dorm, and Im pretty sure it would kill someone and get me written up with that much wattage lol. but anyway, it would be cool to have an amp in my dorm, because my amps at my cousins house which I dont always have access too.

I was looking at the Orange Crush PiX CR12L, as well as some other cheap small combo amps.

Id like to keep it under $100 with shipping/tax, as I only have an exceedingly small amount of money at the moment. yay for being poor and in college. Im also kinda torn between buying the amp right away and doing a pickup swap in my MIM strat too, so im not really sure which Im going for first. one is going to have to wait until next month when I (hopefully) get some more money.

any reccomendations before I jump the bullet and buy something?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i would just get the cheapest thing possible. if your high end budget is $100 and you dont really care about tone i mean ya that orange will work.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
like I said for anything really important I do have a JSX that I can access and use if I need to gig or have a serious jam session. the only thing Id EVER use this amp for is practice in my dorm and possibly random jam sessions with people I meet that arent pre-arranged.

I dont really need anything amazing for that I dont think lol.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Since you've already go the multifx something like a Vox Pathfinder is good and cheap.
I wouldn't spend the money on pickups since you're not going to be playing your JSX to get the real use out of them. Most "beginner" amps would meet your criteria for being quiet and cheap. Looking for used stuff would be even cheaper, and you might be able to get some low-wattage tube amp. I bought an Epi Valve Jr, little over your price range, but a 5W tube amp is more than enough to get you written up.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I mean if you have a JSX then I'm guessing you're into shredding. In that case you should look into something made for metal like a little Peavey combo, Ibanez Tone Blaster, or even one of the Marshall MG series. I wouldn't go for the Orange or Fender amps without a medal pedal in front. That is, IF my assumption about you being into shredding is correct.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)