So here's the deal. I have a Hartke LH500 Head that puts out 350 watts at 8 ohms and I have a Behringer 210 cab that is clearly lying to me. Apparently the speakers at can handle 240 watts at 8ohms each and a tweeter that is probably lying as well although I haven't checked.

Now I want to change the speakers and tweeter to a set up that will handle 350 watts at 8 ohms.

I'm under the assumption (from my basic knowledge of cabs) that the 10" speakers are parallel to each other creating a 4 ohm load which is then in series with the tweeter which I'm guessing is also 4 Ohms creating a total 8 ohm load.

So my request to you guys is help me find a set of speakers and a tweeter that will give me the power handling I need.

I have a budget of £150 maximum for both speakers and the tweeter although I would prefer to pay less.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
This might not be what you were hoping for, but I wouldn't bother doing that. Behringer cabs are extremely shoddily constructed from my experience. It's all MDF and other such crap, and really you want plywood. It'll possibly fall apart eventually, and I'd also point out that an often hugely overlooked factor in cabs is the cabinet itself. The shape and construction of it influences the sound massively, it's not just the drivers; and you can bet a Behringer isn't going to perform in this department.

I'd really try and avoid throwing money at a cabinet like that, because it's dead weight at the end of the day, and the cabinet itself is always going to be the limiting factor. Even if you stick new drivers in it, it might sound louder, but it's not going to sound particularly good.

I'd be inclined in your position to just hold out a little longer and possibly go for something like this;

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Gallien-Krueger-210MBE-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet~ID~15013.asp

If you were to find one second hand you'd probably still be able to get it within budget.
Must agree with ^ you good sir.

But if you want to, ive used fane speakers twice and theyve both come out with great results. Ill see if i can find the website i last saw them on. Id leave out the tweeter because i cant imagine it being much good. And get two 16 ohm speakers which they do make.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
My assumptions about the wiring were in fact wrong. It appears that the drivers are wired in series.

This is as much an educational experience for me as it is improving my cheap cab. With that in mind can someone please explain to me how I'm getting 8 Ohms of impedance total from the cab when I'm getting 8 ohms from just the speakers. I can't see how it works out without the cab actually being slightly below 8 ohms.

Also if I was to wire the speakers in parallel what sort of power rating should I be looking at. I know that if it were in series I'd total the power rating of both speakers to get the rating of the cab. But I don't know how to work it out if the speakers are wired in parallel.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
If the cab is an 8 ohm 2x10 wired in series then the speakers are 4ohms. Wiring them in parallel will give you a 2 ohm cab which most amps can't handle. The power handling remains the same, double that of a single speaker.

Unless you really like the sound of these speakers I'd keep them original and sell them on then put the money towards something better.