I ordered an unfinished Maple neck from Warmoth. I'm just wondering what I use on the neck to finish it. Do I lacquer the back and headstock, then oil the fretboard? I have never done this before.... What brands would you recommend?
Generally, fretboards dont require a hard finish. There are some exceptions, however, including maple.
If, by "maple neck" you mean maple neck and maple fretboard, then you will need a clear lacquer over the neck and fretboard. If it is a maple neck with a different wood for the fretboard (rosewood and ebony being common options), then you do not NEED a hard finish, but you may want to put some lemon oil on it, like you would any other rosewood or ebony fretboard. The back and headstock will still need lacquering.
For details on the actual finishing process and brand recommendations, see the refinishing thread.

EDIT:
Refinishing thread
Last edited by minnis at Mar 23, 2011,
Yes, it is a maple neck and fretboard. How do you lacquer a fretboard??? You can't spray it on the frets, can you?
Quote by Ligeia x
Yes, it is a maple neck and fretboard. How do you lacquer a fretboard??? You can't spray it on the frets, can you?

Never done it myself, but i think you would spray it over the frets too, then get the steel wool out and go over the frets?
Check out the refinishing thread i posted above, they might have a tutorial in there, and if not, they'll know what to do if you ask.