I've owned this cheap M-Audio Keystation 49e for like 12 years, but have actually never been able to get it working how I'd invisioned it.

I seriously feel retarded for not being able to figure this out. There's so many pieces of software which sound like they'll work. I've tried Ableton Live Lite which came with the Keyboard, I've tried Audition once upon a time...

Thing is, i see a lot of people using these MIDI keyboards for simple triggering of sounds within these programs.... does there not exist a program which contains various soundbanks which can just be played? I don't want to have to map the sound of each key to each key on my keyboard, but it looks like this is what people are doing.

Anyway, i'll bet i am just retarded and am missing something completely.

Cheers for any helps!
you on PC or MAC?

PC i'd suggest 'Sonic Producer'

Mac it'd be 'Logic'

either of them would work in doing what you want to do.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The Keystation can control any type of VSTi or synth loaded in a program. You have to make sure it is on before you open a program or the program won't read it. I use it all the time in FL9
Quote by Dempsey68
you on PC or MAC?

PC i'd suggest 'Sonic Producer'

Mac it'd be 'Logic'

either of them would work in doing what you want to do.

On PC. That Sonic Producer is only 30 bucks and does look like it will do the job.

However,

Quote by FireHawk
The Keystation can control any type of VSTi or synth loaded in a program. You have to make sure it is on before you open a program or the program won't read it. I use it all the time in FL9

I wonder if I didn't turn it on soon enough... that would just be hilarious.
not exactly sure what it is but it may.

download Synth 1 and turn the keyboard on and let the drivers install before loading synth 1. It should work perfect. i got a keystation 61es
^^ oh dude, finally a website which makes sense. Just because i was using the wrong keywords i guess. I needed to find synth software, and that free "Synth1" looks like exactly what i needed all along.

Thanks FireHawk <3
by the way, it worked with my other programs. I must not have had it on while i started my program >_________>