Page 1 of 2
My grandmother just asked me what ''trololol'' means after she saw it posted on facebook
(yes, she has facebook ).

Is it onomatopaeic?

she said.

Well,
what are your lol-worthy experiences with those people who grew up with a skipping-rope and are now falling behind over 4chan and internet slang?
God forbid she wants to stay in contact with family, right? Why shouldn't she have Facebook? Everyone else has it.

Plus, I wouldn't say her ignorance to 4-chan memes is at all lol-worthy, I envy that.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I really hate how "lulz, lol, lawl, and troll" have all made their way into verbal communication.

Shit should stay on the internet. It's annoying as fuck to listen to.
It took my mom years to believe me when I told that lol meant "laughing out loud" because she thought it was obscene or something

and now she says it ALL THE TIME in emails, texts, and in person, and she makes up acronyms like RAOGLOL (rolling around on grass laughing out loud)

she doesn't have Facebook or anything though. Actually she hates computers and tech stuff.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
and now she says it ALL THE TIME in emails, texts, and in person, and she makes up acronyms like RAOGLOL (rolling around on grass laughing out loud)

She uses the internet in the garden?

My grandma is computer illiterate,so she is not familiar with lol...
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
They're lucky. The internet is 90% garbage and 10% sad.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by blake1221
Cell phone brah

I still forget that people can have internet on their phones.

Quote by asmithgdci
what does ''trololol'' mean?

To denote that the user of term was trolling, and is having a laugh out of it.
trolololol = (troll + lol) / olololol (a bastardization of lol used for sarcasm or obvious joking)

Quote by Smokey Amp
I still forget that people can have internet on their phones.

Don't forget text messages dude
Last edited by blake1221 at Mar 23, 2011,
I don't have anything to add to this thread. I think it's nice that you have your grandma on facebook, though. I'm not close with my family like that.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
My grandma's racist and talks shit to my ethnic friends on Facebook.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I get extremely frustrated when trying to explain something, it can be something unbelievably easy, yet they don't know what the hell is going. I explained to someone how to use the Tab key when writing stuff, and I tell them where it is, 10 minutes later they are all like "DEEEEERP LOLLL, I ACCIDENTALLY USED SPACE INSTEAD OF TAB, AND NOW MY TEXT IS ALL MESSED UP. HELP!
Quote by blake1221

Yeah, and she doesn't necessarily have to be in a garden to send me that

Oh I just remembered another thing, I hate when people take forever to click on things. They press down on the mouse button and never let go
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by guitarxo
Yeah, and she doesn't necessarily have to be in a garden to send me that

Oh I just remembered another thing, I hate when people take forever to click on things. They press down on the mouse button and never let go

They also, double click on something that doesn't have to be double clicked. Or they click on stuff too slow and they end up renaming the folder
My grandma tried to answer the remote control the other day so...I guess I'm not %100 sure, but I'm pretty sure she has no idea what the internet is.
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by blake1221

Yah... Wow. I'm just going to bow out of this thread before I reveal how amazingly out-of-touch I am with electronic messaging.

Everyone has facebook practically lol. I defriended my mom though. She was getting just a liiiiitle too snoopy .
I hate how the only person that texts me using shorthand like "ur, b4, r u" and other things like that is my dad.
My late grandad was a whizz with computers. Where everyone his age in the mid 1990's shunted aside the first wave of personal home computers, my grandad embraced it, read many books on them and how to program software.

Just before his passing, he completed a program on how to teach yourself spanish, something he had achieved. He also wrote a 9x9 suduko solver and would use it to solve the weekly cash prize in a vauge hope of getting 50 quid
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
They also, double click on something that doesn't have to be double clicked. Or they click on stuff too slow and they end up renaming the folder

or the people that only click once on something that has to be double clicked, and then when it doesn't open they click on it again, and again, and again, and again. and never realize that they have to double click it lol

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Quote by SteveHouse
Epic tale of internet retardivity

This is basically what it was like every day when I was in high school. There were pretty much three people (myself included) who knew how to do anything. I seriously got pulled out of a test to help another teacher find their files once.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Smokey Amp
She uses the internet in the garden?

Because the stereotypical grandma belongs in the garden. Tending to her flowers.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by strat0blaster

Thisss.
Just a man and his strings..

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Girls like to take team dumps. Simple as that.

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Because the stereotypical grandma belongs in the garden. Tending to her flowers.

I was talking about my mom, not my grandma
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I was talking about my mom, not my grandma

Newsflash, your mom IS your grandma. Think about it. Have you ever seen the two in the same place at the same time?

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
My grandma didn't watch TV for a week because it was "stuck on radio".

Went round and pressed the TV/RADIO button and fixed it.
My name is Jack.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Newsflash, your mom IS your grandma. Think about it. Have you ever seen the two in the same place at the same time?

.....what?
cat
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by 6StringBlazer
Thisss.

And yet, here you are...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Aunt:" I need this one thing... Can you look up some info about it on internet?"
Me:" Yeah, sure."
*types the term in google**enter*
Aunt:" Look! Theres one!"
Me:" No, its just some article about a car accident and the thing flew out of the trunk and hit a jogger in the head."
Aunt:" Click it, maybe theres something about it."
Me:" I told you, the article is about something else and theres nothing about the thing you want."
Aunt:" But click it!"
*click on link*

Then she spends half an hour reading the whole pointless article and scrolls up and down on a news site until she tells me to click back and keep looking.
Quote by SteveHouse
And yet, here you are...

I'm actually not human, and my role here on this planet is to observe the worst humanity has to offer, then report back to the mothership. Naturally, I'm on the internet.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by SteveHouse
(Invalid img)

I work with that guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2