Are there pedals to boost the gain ontop of a distortion pedal such as the boss metal core? or am i pretty much stuck to if wanting a heavier sound buying a pedal more than $100
The metal core and your amp should have all the gain you need. It'll sound like crap, but have loads of gain
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
i doubt its more gain you need. i dont think pedals can be boosted like amps (not digital ones anyway). do you have an EQ pedal in your effects loop? a good bass/treble boost with an eq pedal is key to getting a good heavy sound. you have more than enough actual gain in that pedal.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
what's your gear?

I haven't tried it but i doubt the problem is that the ml2 doesn't have enough gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some pedals like the Metalzone have all the gain you need. There is also a 'boost' pedal that I believe does something with the pick up.
search google using with terms like "gain stacking" or "stacking gain pedals"...

Some pedals can be boosted and sound good, but...
ok secondary question because im gonna get an eq..would u plug into the distortion from the guitar n then the eq, or backwords?
EQ's work best in the FX loop.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X