I am building my own guitar and i will then give it to another person to put the graphics so i need you guys to give me some guitars with awesome graphics help me out please post the pictures of guitars with awesome graphics
Hate to ask a question within another person's post but, what is the best/easiest way to add graphics to a guitar. I am building (modding) one of my old guitars and want to add some graphics.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
What about a certain pear? Or other works by ursulav
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by bobafettacheese
Hate to ask a question within another person's post but, what is the best/easiest way to add graphics to a guitar. I am building (modding) one of my old guitars and want to add some graphics.

depends what you mean by "graphics"....something like a frankenstrat or rising sun to me are graphics and its a matter of painting taping painting, sanding, coating

but if you mean pictures then that's airbrushing generally and is very very expensive...best bet there is to get the picture you want printed onto material that is flexible and can take lacquer and clue it on...much cheaper and can look awesome
I want something like this sketchypetesblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/vendetta-guitar-graphics.html
Quote by deepsal
I want something like this sketchypetesblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/vendetta-guitar-graphics.html

that's pretty cool....would look better with a maple fretboard IMO

anyway the printing idea would be the most cost affective for that
You could use the rice-paper trick. Just print your graphic directly on some rice paper and then stick it down with spray adhesive and then do clearcoat over the top. The rice paper is thin enough to look like the graphic is airbrushed directly onto the wood.
also stenciling is an option though it can be very tricky to do and also time consuming depending on the stencil
yes i am going to put this on a guitar with maple neck ebony fingerboard and alder body
and whats with the rice paper thing???
Quote by bobafettacheese

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421103&
not necessarily the best way, but its worked for me........
yeah I said it. What.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
So in the end, be careful, but even still it's not THAT easy to get killed to death.
Quote by deepsal
yes i am going to put this on a guitar with maple neck ebony fingerboard and alder body
and whats with the rice paper thing???

It's a trick used by airbrush artists. There's a video somewhere on youtube on how to do it. I thought it would apply well to guitar graphics. Bit of a lazy option though.

Edit: ^ that way looks better though
Last edited by matt154 at Mar 24, 2011,
thanks for the help that link to the poster was very helpful, I am looking to do a star wars themed guitar, so that looks fairly easy to do. Not to mention it looked pretty good afterwards, I just worry about ripping the paper once it is on. hopefully the clear coat will prevent that. What is the rice paper thing though, that sounds intriguing?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13