hey guys!

Just one simple question to you... do you bevlieve in the rebirth of grunge?

I'm a 16 year old guy (from Germany by the way ), and formed a band to revive the grunge like 3 years ago! I'm not sure if that's the right way to go, you know it's hard to answer that questions like "duude, wtf is that grunge you're talking about".... I really don't know if grunge-music has a future.

So i just want you to write some reviews

ROCK ON!
If grunge does get revived it would get killed by neo hair metal
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Mar 23, 2011,
Are you playing for the sake of bringing back grunge, or do you actually like grunge? Just play music you like.

There is still a following that is influenced by Nirvana. I can't say that grunge is not doable, but it has pretty much run its course in the mainstream.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Genres don't die man they just fall out of popularity. I can't say that I care for grunge music very much at all, but if you dig it then by all means go for it dude.
There's no "I" in team, but there is a "U" in cunt.
How about playing grunge because you like it, not to "revive" the genre. It's not like one band is going to revive a genre anyway.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
If you want to play it, that's cool. Sure, there's still some people out there into it.

Reviving it? Nah, that won't happen. No genre or trend ever comes back with the exact same and with the same popularity. Grunge had it's time, like many other things, and for the most part it will remain there. It could come back in some other form, bringing elements of grunge into it, but it will never come back exactly the way it was before it died.
i'm actually not playing grunge to revive it... it's the fact that i love the grunge itself! but if there are no people listen to it and there's no scene anymore maybe it's like in vain to make it !?? i won't stop making grunge by the way.. but general the grunge won't get that status it hat in the 90s, right?
Quote by rockingamer2
It's not like one band is going to revive a genre anyway.

it can indirectly
his band plays it
inspires new bands
which inspire new bands
that inspires a new band that has a grunge hit that revives it
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
shoot me in the face when that happens.

EDIT:
but seriously, ignore my vast and intense hatred for grunge, and play what you love. theres a market for almost anything, and grunge and pop and rock and blues are really only a few degrees of seperation from each other. if theres a market for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wMsnE2cvI
or this (not to insult scatman john by comparison)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
then your music will find an audience. go for it man.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Last edited by tehREALcaptain at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by Fyll
i'm actually not playing grunge to revive it... it's the fact that i love the grunge itself! but if there are no people listen to it and there's no scene anymore maybe it's like in vain to make it !?? i won't stop making grunge by the way.. but general the grunge won't get that status it hat in the 90s, right?
If you like grunge, play grunge. If you like grunge and want to make it accessible to a 2011 audience, put your own twist on it. If you sound like a cheap knock-off of Nirvana, chances are you're not going to break new ground. However, if you take that style and modernize it a bit, you could have something good going.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
If Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, 3 bands which sound nothing alike, embody what you call "grunge", sure go for it. Chances are though that you'll just make music that sounds like any band due to the massive range of sounds that this genre covers.

You have to realise that the reason grunge was so "different" was because at the time hair metal ruled the airwaves. It was simply a very different sound to what was on the top 40. It wasn't a unified sound, except under the banner of "music with distorted guitars that is not hair metal".
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Fyll

Just one simple question to you... do you bevlieve in the rebirth of grunge?

simple answer.... NO

I do however believe in the birth of new styles, and having grunge as an influence could be part of that.

but to consciously try to bring back something thats been dead for a long time? Not going to happen. The 90's happened in the 90's
shred is gaudy music
One prime example is disco. It never came back.

Another prime example is blues. Occasionally some one revives it a bit with modern touches and makes it semi popular. But then fail to make it big in the main stream. Look at Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Blue on Black is a classic rock song, And it was his only real big hit, But hes a blues musician.
first thanks to you guys that's very useful for me
so that's the right way to go probably... modernize that "obsolete" sound and start a new thing like that in the 90's..

btw disco sucks, that's the only reason it never came back ;D
You know, I'd be totally up for the return of hair metal if you have it TS.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud