I visited the pawn shop and noticed a marshal solo100 mosfet half stack.
I didnt know anything about it but that it looked a little dated and i pretty much ignored it because I notice the big MOSFET title on the face and i assumed mosfet was solid state tech. and i heard marshal's solid state amps arent that great.
But i did a search and only found one thread with info and they said it was a good amp and nothing like the current ss's they have.
Should i consider going back and checking it out?
Does anyone hve any experiance with them?
Man there is so much bias against solid state. IMO whether something is tube or solid state is not half as important as how it sounds.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
I think those came out in the early 80s or so.
I know. I bought one around 1981 - 1983 or so. Brand new. full stack.

Was a nice amp I thought. That was a long time ago though, so I don't know if back then my ears or my booze soaked, drug addled brain was telling me it was a good amp

Play it and try it out.
Quote by rawkandrowl
Man there is so much bias against solid state. IMO whether something is tube or solid state is not half as important as how it sounds.

sooooooo good advise !!!!!

even if it was a worse version of a MG, when YOU like it, no one matters!
it is your amp, now ours

just play it, and deside if you like the tone

and mess with the EQ a lot

Have fun when trying out

but 1 thing.... DON'T TRN THE VOLUME UP TO 5+ xDDDD
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
The Marshall MOSFETs are supposed to be really solid amps that sound pretty good. Solid state amps of the older days are nothing like most of the current solid state amps, they used to be built a lot better and sounded better too. This was because solid state technology was on the rise and amp makers actually wanted to make some interesting new amps for musicians to actually use with this new technology and they had to sound as good or better than the tube amps of that day.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The Marshall MOSFETs are supposed to be really solid amps that sound pretty good. Solid state amps of the older days are nothing like most of the current solid state amps, they used to be built a lot better and sounded better too. This was because solid state technology was on the rise and amp makers actually wanted to make some interesting new amps for musicians to actually use with this new technology and they had to sound as good or better than the tube amps of that day.

This is true I have an '87 Marshall Lead 12 Solid State head that was made in England and it sounds awesome for mid gain The Killers, Kings of Leon kind of stuff and pop punk
Quote by AxSilentxLine
This is true I have an '87 Marshall Lead 12 Solid State head that was made in England and it sounds awesome for mid gain The Killers, Kings of Leon kind of stuff and pop punk

Yup. Have two of those heads.

Have read that some guitarists back when those came out (late 80's early 90's) had the guts made into rack preamps... I have run the head via the line out into my Mig... true Marshall in a box sound.