OK, I have an RG1570, with edge pro, and action is set reasonably, but I have some strange buzz like noise on higher frets on thin E string. Whats strange is, it occurs on 24th fret too. I thought it might be the distortion, but its not, I can hear it unplugged too. The bridge looks sturdy, but there might be something I`m missing. Strings are 10-52 dunlop, they are about 5 months old, but they look fresh-ish. The guitar is tuned to D, so thats why the last note you will hear in the link down is D.
The strings aren't touching the pickups when fretted. Tremolo is pretty much properly set.

http://soundcloud.com/lexluthor1391/strange-buzz

Thats all I can think of right now, any ideas are welcome.
replace the word "mysterious" with the word "fret."

Now google.

Raise action...If you use the 24th fret that much...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
This is my interpretation, but I think you are wrong. 24th fret doesn't have any 'obstacle' on its way to the bridge, so its not a 'fret' buzz. Which implies that it comes from some other source.
Raising the action would be silly, cause its not low at all right now, and I still have that problem on high frets on E string.
Quote by LexLuthor91
This is my interpretation, but I think you are wrong. 24th fret doesn't have any 'obstacle' on its way to the bridge, so its not a 'fret' buzz. Which implies that it comes from some other source.
Raising the action would be silly, cause its not low at all right now, and I still have that problem on high frets on E string.

This would be my guess also. It cannot be fret buzz if it's buzzing at the 24th fret.

Is the locking nut loose? Not the pads that hold the string in place, but the screws that hold the nut itself to the wood?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Indeed they are. I checked them recently, they are fine. I can double check, but its sturdy, and the screws can hardly go any further.

Anything else? Any similar expirience?
Where does it sound like it's coming from? Does it sound like buzz of something against the string, or does it sound more like the rattling of a loose part?
I am actually not sure, to me, it sound like its coming from the string itself... Take a listen on the link I put in the first post, I could say its from bridge too, but it doesnt seem loose or anything...
Well, it's not a loose part, you wouldn't hear that through the pickups. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Can it be heard on all pickups?
Its not fretbuzz.
I've heard that kind of dissonance before, its common on the G string because its the largest un-wound string, but its very rare to get it on up that high.
Check the metal chip in the saddle, on early Edge Pro's some had the piece quite loose, it could be vibrating too.
Quote by littlephil
Its not fretbuzz.
I've heard that kind of dissonance before, its common on the G string because its the largest un-wound string, but its very rare to get it on up that high.
Check the metal chip in the saddle, on early Edge Pro's some had the piece quite loose, it could be vibrating too.

Very plausible explanation. I agree, check the roller insert in the high E string saddle. If it's loose and can't be made tighter, you can get new Edge Pro saddles from www.ibanezrules.com
Yes, it can be heard on all pickups and combinations.

I just checked that roller, it seems as in place as all the others... I pulled my edge all the way down, and tried moving it or rolling, but it wouldnt move...
Could it be the string itself? Doesnt make much sense to me, but better to ask if its possible... Thats pretty much the reason I wanna change the guitar...
Any other ideas?
It could be the string. Swap it out and see if that helps. If not, I don't know what else it could be.
Try putting some tissues around the trem springs in the back cavity, they may be resonating with the D note, although I dont know if that could cause such a dissonance in the string. Worth a try though.
I already put a cloth around the springs, its not it.
Its a bit hard to obtain a string in my city, I`ll see what I can do, I have some old 9, I might try that. I think its not just resonating on the freq of D, cause it happens on almost all of the upper frets, tho some frets buzz a bit more than the others, but thats probably fret buzz added to this effect.
Are you sure your high e isn't hitting on the pickup? This happened to my AL-3100 so i had to lower the neck pickup.
Quote by Somekid94
Are you sure your high e isn't hitting on the pickup? This happened to my AL-3100 so i had to lower the neck pickup.

100%. I checked like 5 times so far
I recessed the single coil all the way down, I know a lot of ppl do that with no problems, I just thought I might say that too...