Page 1 of 3
Hey animorphs I just wanderin if any of you have upgraded to the Firefox 4 that was just released. Tell me how you like it, what you don't like about it, and if it is faster and also if everyone should get it. They just released the non beta version on 3/22

I searched the Ultimate Guitar Website Forums with the Search Bar and came up with nothing that seemed to be of interest in discussing this topic, so it should be fair game.
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
I started using it a few seconds ago. Definitely looks a bit sleeker and I have no qualms so far.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
What's better about it?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I've been using it since beta 4 or 5, I like the tabs on top and it does seem to perform better.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I like it because it looks like chrome without all the problems chrome has (like some streaming sites not supporting chrome) and I got a theme for it so it looks pretty much identical to Chrome now too it's a very good browser, nice & fast and not too much of a memory hog.
I dig it. It's got a cleaner look a la Chrome, but it doesn't suck, and unless it's my imagination, it actually runs a little cleaner/faster as well.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by thsrayas
I've been using it since beta 4 or 5, I like the tabs on top and it does seem to perform better.

I never had the beta version. but my sisters did and it had like a bunch of big buttons for each of her favorites. Is this just a beta thing or did she find someway to do something I"m unaware of. I don't know how to explain what she had so it might not make sense lol
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

A friend told me it's much slower than 3.6 so I'll wait 'till I upgrade.
The Mac version looks more like Safari now.
Animorphs ? That still exists ?

And I've been on the beta for a while. Just to have the latest.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Wow TS you sure showed society. Watch it crumble as you slowly walk by.

Quote by sebastian_96
ACCORDING TO YOU!
*unnecessary guitar fills*
I just downloaded it a couple minutes ago.
I don't really like the look, but then I don't like change.

Having only just started using it I obviously don't have anymore to add to the discussion...
Just downloaded it, i like the new layout with the tabs at the top.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I don't like how forchan does not work...
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Had it for a few days now, it seems much better than Chromium and has an easy to use no$cript addon.

much better.

I haven't even bothered to change the theme yet, as it's pretty much how I want it as standard.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by rgrockr
The Mac version looks more like Safari now.

Yeah, it does. I'll have to wait til I get home from work to try it on my PC.
I've had it since it was out, and I sort of like it. It's pretty much as it was, only with a cleaner interface. I don't really notice a difference in performance, though, but it doesn't hog much resources, anyway.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Man, the "Change to this tab" (or whatev, on Swedish version) feature is killer. Great when you're on a laptop and use copious amounts of tabs, I never really liked ctrl+tab or ctrl+number.
Got it yesterday, it's been good to me so far.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Mac version looks way better in comparison to 3.
Used it for a day or two a few weeks ago, but i'll be using 3 'till the bugs get worked out.
Did seem to perform much faster though!
kthxbai.
What I like: ITS FIREFOX 4

What I don't like: Not supported on OS X 10.4
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
got it yesterday. threw me for a loop for a bit.

still not entirely sold on having the bookmarks all the way to the right. seems weird having subfolders moving to the left.
Just downloaded it. It's alright.

EDIT: One thing I don't like is that they moved the big refresh button.

Quote by uhh_me?
got it yesterday. threw me for a loop for a bit.

still not entirely sold on having the bookmarks all the way to the right. seems weird having subfolders moving to the left.

What do you mean? My bookmarks are on the left

I feel like everyone is having different things here. Why does the top of my page still have the file edit view history bookmarks tools and help buttons when in the video it is all in a drop down box?
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Bookmark bar is too big now, not all of mine fit.
Quote by guitar-guy69
What do you mean? My bookmarks are on the left

I feel like everyone is having different things here. Why does the top of my page still have the file edit view history bookmarks tools and help buttons when in the video it is all in a drop down box?

Right click the toolbar at the top and unclick the menu bar, that'll make it look like it should.

Quite liking it so far, just had to get an add-on to keep the status bar at the bottom so I didn't lose FoxyTunes.
I like it, took a few minutes to get used to though. I got an early release so I've had it for like 3 days now.

The only thing I don't like is when I right click a link the first option is "open in new tab" and the second is "open in new window". In FF3 it was the opposite so I keep opening stuff in new windows accidentally. The home button was moved too which is really annoying.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by bulldozerbob
Right click the toolbar at the top and unclick the menu bar, that'll make it look like it should.

Quite liking it so far, just had to get an add-on to keep the status bar at the bottom so I didn't lose FoxyTunes.

THanks! This is confusing me, I haven't had to change anything in a long while.

Quick question to all. Does this "tell websites that i don't want them to track me" thing actually make sites not track you? or is it just notify the website but they track you anyway, cause i thought i heard that somewhere. I use the add-on noscript also but i hate the idea of sites seeing everything i go to...I go to very questionable sites...
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by robertito696
I like it, took a few minutes to get used to though. I got an early release so I've had it for like 3 days now.

The only thing I don't like is when I right click a link the first option is "open in new tab" and the second is "open in new window". In FF3 it was the opposite so I keep opening stuff in new windows accidentally. The home button was moved too which is really annoying.

I'm glad it's changed. It didn't make sense the other way.

the first option should be the most common one. And I hated going back to firefox from chromium to buy something online, only to open everything in a new window.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Some people need to be educated on how to customize the bars at the top, it seems. You can put the buttons in whichever spot you choose.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I just got it and my first impressions are that it is very sleek looking and currently a lot faster than 3.whatever it was.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Some people need to be educated on how to customize the bars at the top, it seems. You can put the buttons in whichever spot you choose.

alright, just got that switched around.

still an inconvenient default setting.
http://uk.lifehacker.com/5784783/how-to-fix-annoyances-with-firefox-4s-new-look?skyline=true&s=i
that'll help you to sort out some of the problems.

I've somehow picked up a tiny white box in the top left corner... Anyone know what it is/how to get rid?
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by john_latchem
http://uk.lifehacker.com/5784783/how-to-fix-annoyances-with-firefox-4s-new-look?skyline=true&s=i
that'll help you to sort out some of the problems.

I've somehow picked up a tiny white box in the top left corner... Anyone know what it is/how to get rid?

It's a "space" Right click in an open space till you get the option to customize. Then drag the "space" out of the toolbar. Idk what that is for but i know how to get rid of it lol!
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69
It's a "space" Right click in an open space till you get the option to customize. Then drag the "space" out of the toolbar. Idk what that is for but i know how to get rid of it lol!

Doesn't work, thanks for the attempt though .
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by john_latchem
Doesn't work, thanks for the attempt though .

Huh? Why not? Where did you drag it?
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Page 1 of 3