Im getting new 212 since I got my 6505.
My budget is not so high so I do want to get best cab for money. My budget is 450€ that is almost nothing but since € is more valuable than $ I would probably buy something on US eBay. 450€ = 640$ ( aprox.)
So at the start I've wanted to buy Harley Benton g212 ( v30's one) then changed my mind because It won't do justice to amp even if it has v30's and it will probably fuzz or something. ( correct me if I am wrong )

Then kinda started to think about one of Marshall's 1960 series and first It seemed like a good deal if I would buy used one since my budget is not so high. But after more research about this combination I've discovered that many people use it it is okay but that those cabs are trebly/harsh sounding and that's really not I want. ( correct me If I concluded this wrong)

I've also looked into very interesting Randall RS 125XL. Just can't find a lot of these on eBay or somewhere else would be selling those. Mostly they've been discounted or sold out otherwise I would probably try to get one. It has 2x v30's and one eminence speaker.
http://www.drumza.com/images/RandallRS125XLGuitarAmp.jpg

The last thing is and Mesa Boogie 212 cab. I would like to know for how much should be used 212 Rectifier cab should be selling on US eBay.
If it goes somewhere around my budget I think then I should get one. + include the taxes (20%)

Any thoughts? Which cab would you get?
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
Port City, Avatar, Mills...

the mesa cab won't be in your budget if you have to pay customs.

...scratch Avatar, don't think they ship overseas (?)
can't you find a decent used Orange 212 closer to home?
Orange PPC212C

Epic cab and readily available in Europe.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Apparently Zilla makes nice cabs as well, and they are based out of somewhere in the EU. give them a look.
Shipping will kill you, don't buy from the US.

You can get an Orange cab or the Framus 212 for that budget in Europe, so you might as well. Check thomann.de , they ship all over Europe.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Shipping will kill you, don't buy from the US.

You can get an Orange cab or the Framus 212 for that budget in Europe, so you might as well. Check thomann.de , they ship all over Europe.

Get the HB 212 V30 over the framus, they are pretty much identical except for aesthetics. Its a decent cab, dont let the price tag fool you. If you can find it, a used mesa 2x12 would be best.
WTLTL 2011
i own a randall 125 cab, and it absolutley slays. i have two english t75's and a 15" legend, (sounded better that way that w/ V30's), anyways that is what the promod runs through.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i own a randall 125 cab, and it absolutley slays. i have two english t75's and a 15" legend, (sounded better that way that w/ V30's), anyways that is what the promod runs through.

You would love to get hands on that baby I told it freaking rocks

I've heard of all Mills, Zilla and Avatar, Vader out of budget I think.
Zilla is in UK so meaby if I go in custom shop I'll go in this way. Avatar overseas I don't think so I checked but nothing seems to be Holland is the nearest that they meniton. Otherwise they don't mention Europe anywhere. If it is available then with 20% 480$ is somewhere 400€ so it could work.
Zilla /w v30's is one option it would come £400 = that's 460€ it could work.

About Oranges I've also checked. I'll try search some but there aren't many If I'm not wrong.
What about OB (Open Back) how are these? I've checked and they're much much cheaper. They loose on tightness and bass? Would you go rather with Zilla or Orange?

HB g212 > Framus 212 that's known, same producer makes them. The 212 HB are build very well like a tank it is also oversized I think (not sure) but I don't know anything about sound quality that if someone has it please share, damn

What about 1960 series are they really so bad for metal? That harsh trebly sounded?
If not I could get hands on these for 300-400€ easily.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Last edited by msoban at Mar 24, 2011,
Orange over Zilla, there is hardly any difference to my ears and postage is killer for you on a zilla.

Closed back for metal every time mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Orange over Zilla, there is hardly any difference to my ears and postage is killer for you on a zilla.

Closed back for metal every time mate.

Zilla postage only 15£ I think didn't read carefully but It seems that is it.
But after all I think I should try to find Orange yeah.

About HB g212- yeah I do know Ola's work very well, also talked with him about those cabs. But you have to know Ola does outstanding work on post EQ with those thing and you can't really know how It sounds live.
That would be more appropriate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A2JFE7hB20&feature=channel_video_title or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWeGltjHS2Q&NR=1
*btw low volumes.
What about that 1960 is it really harsh/treble sounded?.. that's how I read on forums.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Shipping prices will be horrendous. I don't know about where you live, but around me $640 is a pretty good budget for a cab. I've seen 4x12 Mesa Standard cabs on CL for $500. And that's not a rare occurrence. And Orange cabs are cheaper in Europe right? I think you could find something really nice for that price.
I hate my sig
yeah shipping would be problem. I'll try to get hands on Zilla or Orange dunno which one.
You US peoples have many advantages damn you
Orange would be cheaper also an ENGL 212 too they're EU companies.
I'll find out something don't worry I am just a type of a man who wants to think every option before buying That's why it came from HB to Marshall 1960 to Randall 125XL to Mesa to Orange/Zilla. But about marshall's 1960 im still not sure.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
What inside the US would be a good 2x12 option $350 and under (even used)?

Picking up a 5150II or a XXX in the near future.
Try make it 400$ and you get Avatar I think.. best cab for that money, that is how I've read from US guys.
hey how is that LTD EC-1000 VB EMG 81/60? I'm just curious I've been very interested in those guitars.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Last edited by msoban at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by msoban
Try make it 400$ and you get Avatar I think.. best cab for that money, that is how I've read from US guys.
hey how is that LTD EC-1000 VB EMG 81/60? I'm just curious I've been very interested in those guitars.

Beautiful.
Personally, I think the EC series has the most comfortable neck of any guitar I've ever played hands down. Upper fret access is decent - you gotta reach a bit to get past 20ish, and the EMG 60 is really impressive.

The guitar is great for playing standing, its a pretty thin cut LP shape w/ great body contouring. I'm pretty much in love with it - wish I had a current band to gig it with. So much in love with it I'm trying to sell my Epi LP Custom now. There's just no need for it when I have a better guitar. The neck on the Epi is lol compared to the EC's.
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Mar 24, 2011,
Epiphone has Prophecy - decent guitar that's all :P
Yeah I was really looking into EC-1000 VB because its nice looking.
I have Gibson Explorer so I'm just curious about others... would like to get hands on these meaby one day I'll too much cash and I'll get EC...
Explorers fret access is just not normal it goes faaar
How would you compare these two? If you ever played one just curious
Quote by Kalo Hanaka