Heya could anyone help me out with this serial number?
it's a Epiphone Les Paul Custom:
EE05863108

Thanks alot i really appreciate it.

p.s the serial number is engraved into the back of the headstock.
EE = Gibson/QingDao, China factory

05 = made in 2005

86 = should equal the month the guitar was made...you sure that's an 86 and not an 06?

3108 = the sequential manufacturer number, as in your was the 3,108th guitar made at that factory that month.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by Guynametyler
You should have a 01-12 number where your 86 is... You might need to call epiphone/gibson and get it checked out.

ya I'd agree. If I had to guess I'd say it could be a stamp error and the 8 should be a 0 making it the month of June. Any chance you can post a pic of it?
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
iirc a few people already suspected that your guitar was a fake when you posted some pics in a previous thread, because of certain details like the cutaway not lining up how it should and the headstock logo being at the wrong angle and things...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
It's not a fake though. I've had it checked. It looks, feels and plays absolutely nothing like a fake. I just forgot to get the Serial number checked.
Quote by SepGuitar
It's not a fake though. I've had it checked. It looks, feels and plays absolutely nothing like a fake. I just forgot to get the Serial number checked.

well.. that's not a legitimate serial number either - it's the wrong font and based on the format epiphone use it says it was made in the 86th month of 2005...

it's possible that it's a fake sold out of the back door of one of the factories that was manufacturing epiphones anyway because some factories were doing it which is the main reason epiphone moved to their own factory in qing-dao in the first place. being a fake wouldn't instantly make it a bad guitar, though.

edit:

this is what the serial number looks like on a genuine epi:

these are usually printed in either black or gold depending on the headstock finish, but always the same font and have been for a very long time.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Mar 23, 2011,
It could be a second, what does the label inside look like? The serial number should be there too. If there is a gold sticket over the number on the label that would be a second. Or it could be a second that someone at the factory was supposed to toss but decided to sell it off as a genuine. But if it plays and sounds great I wouldn't sweat it TBH.
"]Facebook
I just looked at your old thread that Blomp mentioned, and your guitars a fake bro. Sorry to break the bad news to you