So today my friend and I went to every major guitar store in central Ohio, and I may have found something at a Music-Go-Round that I just couldn't pass up...

Wait, my RGs headstock isn't black...

I finally got my Explorer-shaped guitar! =D

And my two Ibanez guitars together.

And without further ado, the review.

This is an Ibanez DT120, made in February of 2002 in Korea. Basswood body, Ibanez stock pickups and tuners, Rosewood fretboard, 22 jumbo frets, maple neck I believe.

This guitar surprised me on how well it plays. Being an Ibanez, it reminds me of my RG slightly, but feels heavier by a good margin. The neck is smooth and easy to glide around on, but the horn does restrict access to the 22nd fret on the high E string. I may have to lower the action a bit for my tastes, but it is easy to play right where it is.

Cleans on this guitar are not too bad, and I can easily pull off a nice tone with some tweaking. Distortion is this guitar's best friend though. For stock pickups, this guitar can scream! It's not like the Dimarzio's in my RG, but I'm very impressed, and I almost think that these aren't stock pickups... It's easy to get a nice range of distorted sounds, but the neck pickup may be a little lacking compared to the bridge.

The best part about this guitar was the price. Do you think I paid $300? How about $200? Well, I managed to walk out with this prize at $100, is that a deal or what?

(sorry for crappy cell phone pics)
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Last edited by Blbmbr666 at Mar 23, 2011,
holy shit epic deal. wow.

you win today for sure.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
almost looks like an iceman.
nice score.
I trade an old bicycle for a ltd mh400 the other day.
Nice, I wish the pawn shop near me was trying to sell an LTD MH-1000 for a reasonable price, not $1500....

HNGD, that's epic beyond belief lmao.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
sick - i wish pawn shops by me held onto something better than squiers

I wish there were pawn shops near me in general.

Awesome NGD what a steal!!!
My name is Jack.
I just got an idea for customizing this thing.

How about a white (possibly pearloid) pickguard with tree of life inlays?
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by Blbmbr666

Personally I would leave it like it is - I think it looks pretty damn sweet!
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
Quote by Blbmbr666

It's your guitar. In my opinion it's sexy as hell as-is, but knock yourself out if you want to change it.
HNGD, I'm a sucker for Ibanezes.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
HNGD, that really is a steal!
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
is there a scratch or something?!??!?!?!?!? That is the best ****ing deal i have ever seen!
Niice, HNGD, also, what Ibanez is next to it in the photo? and how much was that one? Looks exactly like what i'm after
Nice man

I have an Ibby Destroyer too However, mine's an Ibanez Destroyer II DT-400. And it's almost thirty years old.
Congrats, A 100 bucks is not bad at all I just recently looked at one for $150.00 but I passed because it was beat to crap. I actually thought it was a full size Destroyer from the description on CL I was a little disappointed to see it was the smaller version but it did play well and I liked it but the condition was very bad. I see these from time to time from between $150.00 and $200.00. Not sure what they sold for new.
John

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
Awesome! That looks amazing! HNGD!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?