i literally just joined this.

should i buy a used razorback from guitar center?

this would be my second guitar, and i have been saving up for it for a long time. i have $500. i was originally planning to sell a few things to get the $600 more i would i need to get a brand new one which costs about 1100 (i think). but i went to guitar center the other day and there was a used one for 650 and i tried it out. it seemed pretty good considering that i currently have a fender squier. for me this is a serious purchase because my family is kinda poor right now so its like buying a car somewhat. would it be as good to get the used one? I asked my guitar teacher about it. he said that he didnt like deans, and that the razorback was "just OK." but on every review i read on other sites pretty much every one said that it was great. should i buy it? should i save more to get a brand new one? or should i get a completely different guitar?
Quote by Slash_fanboy
what kind of music do you like to play?

metal. i would want to do all that harmonics and squeals but it sucks on my fender squier
Shitstorm imminent.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
theres much better guitars for that kind of money, and i mean if you guys aren't doing well financially it might not be a bad idea to just keep ahold of the money for an in case kinda situation
Don't trust internet reviews man, the deans are useally just expensive because they slap dime's name on it, I've played like, 6 dean razorbacks, all just felt cheap, felt like toys nowhere near what you'd youd think they were worth. I'd say with that much money, go used or even some new guitars online at musiciansfriend or something. If you still want it, sure go for it, I'd just say you're getting ripped off by a few hundred.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
As a second guitar, I woldn't waste the money on a Dean tbh.
brands like Agile, Schecter, Chapman, and Ibanez make some great models around your pricerange.
Go into a store if you can and check out those brands and others.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Mar 23, 2011,