I have a preamp pedal being shipped to me right now. I could use it as a 'pedal' through my existing combo's preamp (thats 2 preamps at once - weird), but the distortion will have a slight fizzy-quality to it that way(so I've read - after buying it of course), which is fine as long as its not a rediculous (sp?) malfunction . I don't have any built-in fx send/return loop type-stuff on my Roland Cube 20x (as the title suggests).

Is there still a way to bypass my combo's preamp??? maybe via a separate/external unit?

It's AMT Electronic's version of the Engl Fireball called "E1"
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Mar 23, 2011,
Yeah, get a separate power amp and ditch the cube.

Otherwise, no.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
would this thing work: http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-efx.htm

If so I was thinking of using the BigShot EFX True Bypass Effects Loop Switcher (WoW, that';s a hell of a name, lol) like this:

GTR - E1 (pre amp) - BigShot's "receive" jack/ then BigShot's "GroundLift 2" (the unit's output I guess) - combo ?

The pedal/preamp is solid state btw, & doesn't need a power amp to function fundamentally.

Here's a youtube-quality video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukfEJhUnU8 of a 7 string player playing this E1 thru some Kustom? tube combo amp's preamp also (the 2 preamps at once thingy)
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Mar 23, 2011,
There is no way to bypass the Cube's preamp.

Just run the pedal into a clean model on the amp until you can get a better amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
There is no way to bypass the Cube's preamp.

Just run the pedal into a clean model on the amp until you can get a better amp.

alright, that'll have to work then, either way it should still be pretty good,

Thanks a lot!
does the cube have an aux input? that would bypass the preamp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
does the cube have an aux input? that would bypass the preamp

yes it does! so that would work this separate preamp pedal into the Cube's speaker??
Quote by C_majzer
yes it does! so that would work this separate preamp pedal into the Cube's speaker??

it should in fact work if you want to bypass the cube's preamp, but you might need an adapter to go into the aux input and you might also need to plug a dummy jack into the regular guitar input.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.