How do the fine tuners work? If I turn it left will it raise the pitch or lower it. I'm new to this stuff.
Righty tighty, leftly loosey.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
What he said. ^^^
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Thanks guys. I just have a few more questions. How far can I push the whammy bar down before it can damage the guitar? I'm not going crazy with the whammy until I can figure this out. My last question is What is the right way to tune a guitar with a floyd rose? I read a few different ways, but I want to see what you guys have to say about it.
Let's put it this way. If you pushed hard enough, you would most likely have to be trying to breaking it to actually... well, break it
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by Jimboner23
Thanks guys. I just have a few more questions. How far can I push the whammy bar down before it can damage the guitar? I'm not going crazy with the whammy until I can figure this out. My last question is What is the right way to tune a guitar with a floyd rose? I read a few different ways, but I want to see what you guys have to say about it.

As far as the whammy bar, you'd most likely break a string before damaging your guitar. What DamagingExcess said, you'd have to try to intentionally break it, unless you had a faulty system.

There is different ways in my experience of tuning guitars with floating bridges, but my best advice is to always tune from your Low E up to High E, make sure the bridge stays in one place(if its set up right your FR or any other floating bridge should fit flush in your guitar, find something soft but strong(clean piece of wood, covered in a sock works fine, be creative!) enough to block the bridge from moving so you can tune it accurately, as if its not blocked it tends to move when tuning strings, and it can get very time consuming having it go out of tune every time you think you've got it perfect) Also, I always try to get it as close as possible to the tuning you want, tighten the lock nut and then go back from from Low to High string and fine tune with the adjustment knobs on the back of the bridge, as most likely it'll change slightly after you tighten the lock nut. After you've got it all dialed in, unblock the bridge and you should be good to go!

There is a really detailed thread on setting up your bridge if its not already properly set up here. Definitely worth the read!
dude man bro guy