Hello! I'm looking into buying an ESP LTD EC 1000 (Vintage Black) I saw it at my friends house and wanted to trade it for my Fender Telecaster. I love my Fender but it's just not my style, i prefer the body of the ESP LTD EC 1000. Anyway, my main dilemma is the ESP LTD EC 1000 is a LEFTY! and i'm right handed.

Any thoughts on this? If i restrung it, would that be just as good as if i bought the same guitar but right handed? The issue here is $. It's either i do a straight trade OR i buy a right handed ESP LTD EC 1000. What are your thoughts? Would the pick ups sound the same or what?

Let me know! The more "basic" your comments are, the more i would understand it! Thanks
don't count on getting very good upper-fret access
also, you'll have to flip the nut and the bridge

edit: EC-1000 should be fairly cheep on the USED market. i got my Korean EC1000 (the model with Sperzel tuners) used for a ridiculous price
Last edited by sethp at Mar 23, 2011,
Don't do it. There's a lot of reasons why it would suck, most of them should be obvious.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
dude. . . your not hendrix. . buy a new one, see if you can trade in your guitar towards the cost.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by Sheepbane
dude. . . your not hendrix. . buy a new one, see if you can trade in your guitar towards the cost.

LOL. I know i'm not Hendrix. If i was trying to be, don't you think I'd get a fender? LOL. And that's exactly why i told you guys on the post "the issue here is money. it's between a straight trade or buying a right handed one"
Quote by halfj06
aww a tele for a ec? *inserts sad face*

Yeah i know. It's nice, but not everyone is FOR fender. Ya know? Fender is great though, no doubt.
Quote by sethp
don't count on getting very good upper-fret access
also, you'll have to flip the nut and the bridge

edit: EC-1000 should be fairly cheep on the USED market. i got my Korean EC1000 (the model with Sperzel tuners) used for a ridiculous price

Where do you suggest I look?! I'm thinkin, it's not like a common guitar where i can just see it on my local shop. Where did you get yours and how much?
Quote by Offworld92
Don't do it. There's a lot of reasons why it would suck, most of them should be obvious.

Like what "obvious" reasons?
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
The craigslist. For $500. Go now, boy. Become a man.

It's funny how most people just assume you're a guy because you're on a guitar forum . tsk .
Quote by bdel
It's funny how most people just assume you're a guy because you're on a guitar forum . tsk .

It's because you're on the internet. There are no females. This has been established multiple times.

But yea, check your local craigslist for a righty EC.

Unless you're fine with the placement of the pickup switch and the knobs being reversed and a chunk of wood making playing on anything past 15 or something really really hard and painful.

Then there's also reintonating the whole thing and getting a new nut, not as nauseating but still lol
Did you even consider how incredibly foolish you would look playing a Les Paul style body upside down?
Quote by bdel
Like what "obvious" reasons?

These obvious reasons:

[quote="siverstorm
Unless you're fine with the placement of the pickup switch and the knobs being reversed and a chunk of wood making playing on anything past 15 or something really really hard and painful.

Then there's also reintonating the whole thing and getting a new nut, not as nauseating but still lol[/QUOTE"]
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X