Hello all, sorry for the stupid question. Thing is i got this guitar, and it has a built in tuner (aeq 200t). I've used about three new batteries but it doesn't turn on when i try to tune it. Do I need to have this guitar plugged into an amp for the tuner to work?

Thanks...
I have an Ibanez acoustic too but the tuner in mine worked with batteries You might need to try a different brand??
Yeah, just got it yesterday. I was perplexed, and thought I was just doing something wrong. I put in the new battery, pressed the button by the tuner, and nothing.

Thanks for your reply.
I called the dealer here, and the guy said it needs to be plugged into an amp. I thought the battery was used to fire up the tuner, i guess im wrong?
the tuners on most guitars i've tried with tuners work fine without an amp. that being said, i tend to avoid ibanez guitars, so not sure about the tuners, but i'd recommend you contact ibanez rather than the dealer to ask this question. when i'm at guitar stores, i hear sales guys giving wrong info to customers all the time.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thing is Im living in Hong Kong, but originally from Canada. I don't know much about guitars since Im a complete beginner but I have enough common sense to realize that tuner should work without an amp.

Will do patticake. Thank you.
The preamps on Ibanez electronics automatically switch off when unplugged to conserve battery life
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by archerygenious
The preamps on Ibanez electronics automatically switch off when unplugged to conserve battery life

yes the power is turned of when there is nothing in the socket. really annoying. GOt one myself. Doesn't need to be plugged in to an amp. a cord that doesn't run anywhere works fine xD. It is really stupid, but the battery runs forever! haven't changed it in the 4 years i've had the guitar.
Quote by illsophic
Hello all, sorry for the stupid question. Thing is i got this guitar, and it has a built in tuner (aeq 200t). I've used about three new batteries but it doesn't turn on when i try to tune it. Do I need to have this guitar plugged into an amp for the tuner to work?

Thanks...

illsophic .....i have the same problem...finally wat did u do???
some dont work unless you plug them into the amp. you may even just have to plug the cable in.( please start a new thread instead of hijacking a 2 yr old one)
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)