so i'm lookin for a used guitar that i can turn into a project, now i've found a few guitars, 2 used, 1 new. these are the guitars:
Squier Tele Custom H/H (used- 185$ CAD)
Squier Standard Strat S/S/S (new- 250$ CAD)
Fender MIM Standard Strat S/S/S (used- 310$ CAD)
my question is, is it worth the extra 100$ or so for the fender? keep in mind i will be replacing pickups, electronics and various other hardware.
muchas gracias!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
I'd go with the tele if you're okay with having a fixed bridge
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
If you just want a decent guitar to have fun with, get the Tele.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
If you want it to be a project, get the one that has the best feeling neck. You can replace hardware, pickups, and electronics, but replacing the neck or body means it's just a different guitar.

Obviously it will be difficult to tell which one has the best neck and body without playing them, but you should look up reviews (I suggest Harmony Central) and figure out which one is most consistently high quality and would be best-suited to become a project.
Its worth it for the fun of making a cool guitar.

There exists no real way to recoup that money later. Its no profit center, but a lot of fun IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.