Okay, so I have a booger 6260. now, I have an od which tightens it up and brings in the clarity that I want, but i would like to get more clarity and tightness without the boost, pretty much I want the amp to sound the clearest it can without any extra pedals for help, and then I'll go from there. I know that if I can achieve the goal with the sound I want with the pedal, I should just use it, but I love being able to just plug and play, and I want my amp to sound its best standing alone that it can. I have it biased to my liking and have played with settings for several months now, tweaking by fractions of a degree, but I cant quite get where I want it. I've decided I want to try new preamp tubes to achieve my goal. Any recs? I would like to keep the price per preamp tube below 20$. Thanks in advance.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
i hate to say it but it probably wont do what you want. that bieng said the tubes in it are crap (i own one too) and definitly wont hurt it by being changed, but it wont do what a tubescreamer can do without hte tubescreamer.
Oh Im not looking to get full tubescreamer effect, Im really just hoping for clarity. I did replace the preamp tubes already, but they were cheap replacements barely better than what was in there.
tonezones. really I know its my guitars basswood body, it has always had terrible clarity. But Im just trying to clear it up as much as possible. Just trying to get the best tone I can.
i see. lol thing is ive never noticed a large difference in clarity when using different tubes. but im not an expert at different kinds. i believe there is a thread on here with more info than i could possibly give you.