Poll: Do you send out cover-letters with your resumes?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you send out cover-letters with your resumes?
Yes
13 59%
No
9 41%
Voters: 22.
When putting out a resume, do you usually do a cover letter too? Thoughts, opinions on the matter. I usually send in a cover letter as well, but this year it just seems like a hassel. Should I do up a cover letter, all knowing pit?

Edit: For a summer job
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Mar 23, 2011,
If you do it, you will get raped.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I wouldn't just for a summer job. You don't have to be too spectacular if everyone involved knows you're only gonna be there a few months.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
i voted yes, but i've been looking for something to do in the summer too and i haven't been doing that for all my applications because i'm just ****ing tired of whoring myself
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
if its a job that you really want or are well qualified for, you should always include a cover letter. it will help to set yourself apart from other candidates and will help to show the employer that you are qualified for the position.

if you dont really want the job or youre not entirely qualified for it, then i wouldnt bother with a cover letter.

after you write enough of them, you can generally just copy and paste off your bank of cover letters with minimal writing to tie it all together and have solid cover letters for whatever position youre applying for.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Its always a good idea. You never know if your interviewer will spill their coffee on your resume.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Everywhere I'm applying explicitly requires one. If you're applying for something professional, then always do it (and don't use a cookie cutter template). I've never bothered with one for temp or part time stuff though.
Not if I'm asked to.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yes absolutely. Your cover letter is your chance to prove that though you only have experience in completely unrelated fields, you deserve the job. A fantastic cover letter goes a long way, and they really aren't too hard to write.
Quote by trueamerican
Yes absolutely. Your cover letter is your chance to prove that though you only have experience in completely unrelated fields, you deserve the job. A fantastic cover letter goes a long way, and they really aren't too hard to write.

I over-think them and always find them super hard to write
I wouldn't hurt to do so. It might even help you would stand out a bit.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.