I am getting a neck built can you guys tell me the best radius should i Go for the thinnest neck available or get something big
Honestly, the neck that feels best to you, you will be able to shred the best on it. Most people like Ibanez type wizard necks though
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I built my own guitar, and it has the same radius and neck carve as a classical guitar, huge neck, really flat and wide fretboard, but I love it for metal and shredding, which is most of what I do. So really, whatever you like most, or are used to, will be best, the neck makes no difference to the sound.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
This is like asking what shoes are best for you. Sure I love my size nine (U.S.) but if you have size thirteen you won't.
If you don't already know the answer you have no business going custom.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by deepsal
dont tell that ;(

Why not? It's the truth, judging by your OP you're not even sure what the radius of the neck actually is either.

Unless you're damn certain of the specs you want, dropping the kind of money that custom jobs take is a massive risk since you're not sure and you may get something that's terrible for you.

That's another crucial point: this is for you. Any guitarist worth their salt will tell you that there is no "shred" neck profile or anything like that, there's just what works for you as a player and what doesn't work for you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Go for a wide thin C shape with a 12 inch radius. Pretty stock standard tbh.
I would also advise getting jumbo stainless steel frets, and if you want extra bells and whistles, then get it scalloped also.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Ēzio
This is like asking what shoes are best for you. Sure I love my size nine (U.S.) but if you have size thirteen you won't.

This is an awesome analogy.

Also, I agree with everything Zaphod_Beeblebr said.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
this thread is going nowhere. we cant possibly know what u like. go to a guitar store, pick up variouse different guitars and find the one that has the most comfortable neck. done!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The thinnest neck I've played was Alex Bois' Ibanez LACS RGD. Absolutely insane how thin it was, and I like thin Ibanez necks.

However, I think the best feeling neck I've played in the MusicMan John Petrucci signature guitar's neck (the non-gloss ones).
I ordered a neck based on ibanez wizard II :P
and i too agree with the shoe thingy
thanks anyways