I like it. Pretty decent. I've been waiting, what, four years now? That's too long, no matter how good.
i remember reading those books ages ago, loved em. i read the second book in a day once, i was hooked to say the least lol kinda forgot about the new one but definitely looking forward to it now
Quote by captaincrunk
I thought it was a trilogy.

It was, but the third got so large that he split it in two. So it's now a "cycle".
I've been meaning to read the third for a while now.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

It's green. I ****ing knew it!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The idea was good (if a little overdone) , but I found his writing immature - it sounded like he was trying to sound smarter than he was. He uses more obscure words where perfectly normal words would do - ie he said 'garbed' waaaay too many times etc etc etc.

Good on him for getting that famous at that age - but it would be better if he'd grown up a bit beforehand.

And yes, just how long is the last one going to be...?
Last edited by Carpet_Man at Mar 24, 2011,
It's about goddamn time. I've been waiting forever since Brisingr.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Carpet_Man
The idea was good (if a little overdone) , but I found his writing immature - it sounded like he was trying to sound smarter than he was. He uses more obscure words where perfectly normal words would do - ie he said 'garbed' waaaay too many times etc etc etc.

Good on him for getting that famous at that age - but it would be better if he'd grown up a bit beforehand.

And yes, just how long is the last one going to be...?

Over 700 pages.

If you look throughout the first book, he borrows a ton of plots from various books. I forgot most of them but my friend pointed them all out. One was Star Wars. Adopted by an uncle and the uncle is killed so the character is taken under the wing of an undercover master of the art the character will begin learning.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
One was Star Wars.

Yeah. Although you can't really write anything without 'borrowing' something or other from Star Wars...
Quote by Carpet_Man
Yeah. Although you can't really write anything without 'borrowing' something or other from Star Wars...

The Phantom Menace had no similarities to Star Wars if I remember correctly.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THESE BOOKS! I'm gonna hit up the library and start reading them from the beginning again!
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I read the 1st one, and own the 2nd one.. But I never read it. I guess I just stopped caring. The movie of the 1st book killed it for me, too. I thought it was terrible
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I read the 1st one, and own the 2nd one.. But I never read it. I guess I just stopped caring. The movie of the 1st book killed it for me, too. I thought it was terrible

I avoided the movie like the plague. But the books do get better imo, hence why I can't wait for the new one
It's been so long I forgot there was another one!
I'm looking forward to this though
cat