I'm looking for a guitar with a thin neck (small hands) but here's the thing, I'm going to be changing the pickups for bareknuckle painkillers!> anyways I need something with a neck that'll be comfortable for me, but I don't wanna waste money for expensive pickups I won't be using.

Ibanez's are wicked, but they have tremolos usually, so please don't tell me to get anything with a whammy, I have s2170 now and the reason i'm selling and getting a new one is because of the tremolo

Advice??
Last edited by morellomalakian at Mar 24, 2011,
Jacksons have really thin necks, so do some LTD's (ESP) You might wanna check out some Hamers as well.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
You answered your own question. Get an Ibanez without a trem. What is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yea get a Ibanez it not that hard to find one without a tremolo
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Offworld92
You answered your own question. Get an Ibanez without a trem. What is your budget?

ya ive already looked at the ibanez rga 121 and im probably getting it, but you know, just any other suggestions would be nice :P
Quote by obeythepenguin
Advice for a thin-necked guitar? Gain some weight.

But seriously, I don't know about Floyds, but it's easy enough to block a Strat-style tremolo. So if you can't find a hardtail model you like, get one with a trem and block it. Supposedly it gets a better tone than a hardtail guitar anyway, since you have more resonance from the trem springs.

what? i dont get it, i have small hands not skinny hands , meh **** that i wanna avoid the hassle of tremolo altogether, i downtune a lot
Quote by morellomalakian
what? i dont get it, i have small hands not skinny hands , meh **** that i wanna avoid the hassle of tremolo altogether, i downtune a lot

It was a joke about the thin-necked guitar, not you.

And what's your pricerange?
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by morellomalakian
I'm looking for a guitar with a thin neck (small hands) but here's the thing, I'm going to be changing the pickups for bareknuckle painkillers!> anyways I need something with a neck that'll be comfortable for me, but I don't wanna waste money for expensive pickups I won't be using.

Ibanez's are wicked, but they have tremolos usually, so please don't tell me to get anything with a whammy, I have s2170 now and the reason i'm selling and getting a new one is because of the tremolo

Advice??

Personally if your only reason for getting a new guitar is that you don't like having a tremolo I'd block the trem if it's a floating one or just tighten the springs until it functions like a hardtail bridge if it's a vintage style trem. You could also use a Tremel-no so that you can activate and deactivate the tremolo.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Ibanez make a shittonne of hardtail guitars.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by morellomalakian
ya ive already looked at the ibanez rga 121 and im probably getting it, but you know, just any other suggestions would be nice :P

yeah, go with that.

do you like the ibanez wizard neck particularly, or is anything vaguely thin on your list?

If it's the latter, also things like japanese jacksons, ESP etc. would be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?