I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville III I recently bought. It's my first tube amp so yeah I just got into the "I got one and I don't seem to know how to use it" phase so please bear with me. I keep reading that the louder the amp the better it will sound. I get that part and how a tube amp breaks up at loud volumes. But when I rehearse with my band I can't turn it up past 3 or else I am too loud! How am I suppose to have that sweet tube amp tone if I can't crank it! This stupid question prolly has stupid answer but any help will be appreciated!
i know with my 6262, i start hearing that nice tube sound at about 2 on the volume, and it's pretty steady from there on up.

Odds are you're prolly getting SOME tube saturation, but haven't developed an ear for it yet.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Well yeah Im not used to tube amps, I played a damn Spider for far too long! lol But I can't seem to get the clean channel to break up before blowing up my windows on my room!
Get an attenuator cfr thd hotplate
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by Windex1108
Well yeah Im not used to tube amps, I played a damn Spider for far too long! lol But I can't seem to get the clean channel to break up before blowing up my windows on my room!

Do what AM said, or grab an OD for when you need a little extra.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That amp is an extremely loud amp as it has a ton of clean headroom.

What kind of music do you play?

Yeah, not the best amp to buy for breakup.
I also support the idea of enjoying the nice cleans and getting a decent OD pedal.
Yeah it's because the DeVille is a 60Watt amp so has loads of clean headroom.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Quote by Windex1108
I play mostly rock, blues and jazz
Most people pair the Hot Rod Deluxe and Deville series with pedals. That way, you can simply set the volume to the required level, then plug in an overdrive pedal of your choice, deriving any amount of dirt you want.

Or you can simply use the preamp to overdrive the amp. It is actually uncommon these days for amps to only rely on poweramp overdrive (which is the bit that requires enormous amounts of volume). Simply raise the "drive" control to the level of distortion for the song, then raise or lower the volume to where you want.

Now, doing that won't get you awesome power tube break-up or compression, which is what you spoke about in the beginning, but it will give you overdrive and distortion at almost any volume levels.

The Hot Rod Deville really isn't designed to be overdriven in the way that you're talking about. It's designed to have maximum clean headroom and compression-less dynamics. Using pedals, like I said, is a common act for that type of design. Or you can push the gain up higher through the preamp control.