Right guys, as you now know, I'm looking for a new guitar. You guyys helped me in a search for an 8 string a couple of weeks ago, but I decided they're just not for me yet. So now I'm looking for a new 6er

I'm going too be using it for hard/ modern rock in my band (think Sick Puppies, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace), and a little metalcore on my own. But the metalcore isn't so important. I'll be tuning it low (anywhere between Drop C and A#), so it needs to be able to handle that. I'll be playing it through my HT-40.

My ideal specs would be: Neck-through-body, ebony or maple fretboard, Mahogany body, thin neck, but not ibby thin, and good pickups (blackouts, EMG's or high output passives.) and 24 frets.

My budget is around £800. Preferably new.

I've so far looked at the LTD EC-1000, which I love apart from the 24.75" scale, and the Jim Root Tele, whick I love other than the bolt on construction and 22 frets.

TL;DR I need a new guitar for hard rock and metal under £800.

Thanks in advance!!
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
Maybe a Schecter C-1 Classic? They are discontinued but can be had for ~$500 USD used which leaves you enough money to swap the pickups if you want to.

It's neck-through and is made of mahogany with a maple veneer, iirc. I believe the stock pickups are Duncan Jazz/JB.

There's also this http://schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/35th-Anniversary-C-1.aspx
which seems to fit your needs very well.
I'd recommend an Ibanez ICT 700, its got most of the specs you need even though the neck might be a bit too thin for you. Pups are Dimarzio d-activators, probably the best high output passives, and that can still produce a more than decent clean sound
@ Pacman: Aren't the schecter necks quite thick?
@Merrick: I'm not looking for a particuarly metal looking guitar.

Forgot to put, set neck/ neck through is good too. I've got a bolt on, so I was looking for a change.
Badlands UK
See if there's any used Edwards guitars around you. Most of them fulfill all of your specs perfectly, and I believe they should be in your price range used. They are simply not findable used here in America, but you probably have a much better chance over there.

I'm pretty sure you won't find anything new in your budget that has an ebony fretboard.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Shredding 4Life
@ Pacman: Aren't the schecter necks quite thick?
@Merrick: I'm not looking for a particuarly metal looking guitar.

Forgot to put, set neck/ neck through is good too. I've got a bolt on, so I was looking for a change.

They can be. The Schecters I hate the most are the Hellraiser series. I've played the C-1 Classic and it's one of the couple Schecter guitars I would even consider buying.

My biggest beef with Schecter isn't the thickness, it's the finish. That's why I hate the Hellraiser series so much; they have a super thick and sticky gloss finish all over the whole damn guitar.

The C-1 Classic was a lot smoother and easier to play, and if the neck feels sticky at all you can just go at it for ~10 minutes with some #0000 steel wool and get it to a satin feel which is a lot faster because it's not sticky.
Ebony or maple fretboards are prefered, but not necessary. I don't mind bolt on necks either tbh, just as long as the fret access is good.

What are your opinions on the Ec-1000 and Jim Root Tele.
Badlands UK
maybe the Schecter Blackjack ATX would be a great choice. I've played one multiple times. It really was very fun. it's a set neck (but with ultra access to feel like a neck-thru), Mahogany body, ebony fretboard, SD Blackouts, 25.5" scale, and a really nice neck.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
^^^ That's pretty much perfect, but I'm not sure about the neck thickness. How does it compare to esp's thin U?
Badlands UK
Quote by Shredding 4Life
^^^ That's pretty much perfect, but I'm not sure about the neck thickness. How does it compare to esp's thin U?

If it has the same neck as the Hellraisers do, then s little bit thicker/fuller. I forgot about the BlackJack ATX, that's a great recommendation.

Although I hate Schecter

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
2nd hand LTD H1000 NT

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Tom, that was the other thing I was considering. I'm going between the Blackjack C-1 and h-1000, EC-1000 and Jim Root Tele (although I'm going away from the Tele).

Anymore help is appreciated.
Badlands UK
I wouldn't get the EC simply on the grounds that it's a short scale and you want to tune down low. Sure it's possible, but why go through the extra hassle for no reason?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
H 1000 is better than the other LTD your conssidering.

Jim Root is great but I am not a fan.

I would take an LTD over a Schecter, purely because LTD necks are nicer IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Bite the bullet on the Jim Root Strat in white. That guitar is $1500 US. The EC-1000 is $800. Big price difference there for us Americans.
In my experiance, price =/= quality. I really like it, but I'd prefer a set neck and 24 frets. I definately like the schecter more on paper, but I'm just worried about it's neck.

Actually, I'm going to take back what I said about thin necks. Tried and ibby, and quite liked it. Bring on the Ibby's and Jacksons too!!
Badlands UK
In that case...

Ibanez RGA121.

They are hard to find, but worth it. Swap out the PUPs and you have a true beast of a guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I can only find the rga121h. Which I can't get over the colour of.

Any others? I was thinking about the RGA1451 and some new pups, but it's pretty similar to mine at the moment.
Badlands UK
Ok, update. I'm seriosly considering the Jim Root Tele again. What's the difference between maple and ebony fretboards? (other than the colour.) Anyone with experience with it, what's the upper fret access like?
Badlands UK
I know...

I'm going to try them out soon. I'll focus on the H-1000 and Jim Root Tele. Although if I like the schecter neck I'll go with that.

Thanks guys!
Badlands UK