Hello.

My problem is that when I play with my band I have alot of gain and volume so I get alot of noise. So Im going to describe what pedals I have and in what order and how I connect them.

Kelly KE-3 -->(in) Crybaby Wah Wah (out) --> (in) Korg (guitar tuner) (out) --> (in) Boss NS-2 (out) --> (in) Boss MT-2 (out) --> (in) Boss EQ (out) --> (in) Boss DD3 (out) --> Marshall 1959RR.

So my Marshall Amp doesnt have FX Loop slots and I dont use the "send & return" features on my Boss NS-2.

Question: How do I connect it all in the best way to reduce my noise to the fullest and keeping my Guitar Sound?

Thanks for answers!
You could try moving the NS-2 to the end of the chain, right before the amp. Works great in that spot for me. Also, are you trying to use the MT-2 as an actual distortion pedal? You'd probably get a lot of extra noise because the 1959RR doesn't have a dedicated clean channel. The distortion of the amp + MT-2 distortion = lots of noise...
Quote by JHart
Hello.

My problem is that when I play with my band I have alot of gain and volume so I get alot of noise. So Im going to describe what pedals I have and in what order and how I connect them.

Kelly KE-3 -->(in) Crybaby Wah Wah (out) --> (in) Korg (guitar tuner) (out) --> (in) Boss NS-2 (out) --> (in) Boss MT-2 (out) --> (in) Boss EQ (out) --> (in) Boss DD3 (out) --> Marshall 1959RR.

Guitar->(in)tuner(out)-> (in)wah(out)->(in)EQ(out)->(in)NS-2(send)->(in)MT-2(out)->(return)NS-2(out)->(in)DD-3(out)->amp

And it get rid of that MT-2. Very bad pedal, that you're not going to get any good tones out of.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Common sense - your NS2 won't be able to gate anything you put after it. Put it after your MT2, as thats whats making your noise. Follow the chain posted above me, that looks like the best possible chain.

As for the MT2, its possible to get good tones out of it, its just very sensitive, and takes days to EQ well. It has beastly potential through modding though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 24, 2011,
Thanks for all the responses and Ive worked on a great metal sound for the MT-2 so I wont get rid of it just yet so, love it. But I'll try the new settnings for my pedals. and again THANKS!