Well the other day at school, our music teacher was going through a long list of all the gear in the music room, which was pretty much 'here's a serial number, find the instrument'. There has always been this guitar in the music room that has a kinda kramer-ish shape, but I can't tell what it is because some douchebag has tried to sand the finish off and mod it, so now whats left is a partially sanded off finish with no trace of manufacturer markings but one serial number, E608383. Since it's electronics, which feature a humbucker and two singlecoils with two pots and three mini toggles (I suspect were the failed mods), don't work she was just gonna chuck it. So I said i'll take it as a fixer-upper. I really just wanna practice finishing on this thing.

I've taken it apart and stripped all the hardware off it and cannot find any markings, anywhere. Was wondering if anyone here might know what it is.

PICS! (They're not very good)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Ha, within minutes of posting this, I found out on another forum what it is. It is a Vantage Avenger, made by Japanese company Matsumoku in the 80's which made some amazing guitars, this unfortunately wasn't one of those, although, it has potential, it's limited, but it's there. 25 years old and the neck is dead straight and the body feels as though it's been made for a zombie invasion, hefty as.

Look forward to see this thing in the GB&C sometime soon-ish.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Quote by SG310user
Ha, within minutes of posting this, I found out on another forum what it is. It is a Vantage Avenger, made by Japanese company Matsumoku in the 80's which made some amazing guitars, this unfortunately wasn't one of those, although, it has potential, it's limited, but it's there. 25 years old and the neck is dead straight and the body feels as though it's been made for a zombie invasion, hefty as.

Look forward to see this thing in the GB&C sometime soon-ish.

I had that reaction when I got my Kaman haha.

"HELL YEAH IT WAS BUILT BEFORE I WAS BORN..
-plays-

..Okay, maybe it isn't as good as I thought it would be.. "

But I look forward to seeing this be redone!
Oh and I thought it was a mirror finish too haha.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Lookin at my pic, i'm not sure how you see that as a mirror finish.

The black paint is still left where the black sofa would be reflecting. :P
Only on the top pic though.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
I see now. Makes me remember when I saw muse and matt had his shiny polished aluminum tele that he was using to bounce a stage light off into the crowd.

What are you suggesting? Floyd the mo-fo? Because a cheap gfs Floyd and some paint materials is about all I'm gonna be able to afford. I'll see if I can't find me a way to add even more switches to it..maybe inboard theremin hahahahahaah