Hello UG!!

I'm in search for a new guitar

I've looked at LTD and Jackson, but I haven't seen one with killer specs (so i can go try it out at the store later)

Here's the specs I'm looking for:

Body: either strat style or V
Pickups: they need to be passive (seymour duncans or emgs)
Neck: I don't care if it's 22 or 24 frets
Fingerboard: ebony or rosewood

And it MUST have a FR. Preferably an Original of course, but i don't mind if it's a licensed or a special.

My influences are: Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day, Megadeth, Foo Fighters

Thanks!
Last edited by Output at Mar 24, 2011,
look into ESP/LTD, they have great guitars, you should probably find something that suits you
Jackson makes some really nice guitars like that, as does ESP(LTD).

EDIT: I myself have an Ibanez S670. Look into the Ibanez S series as well - their necks are REALLY thin though, so it's either you love them or you hate them.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Mar 24, 2011,
yes, i've been searching through them but i couldn't really decide, so I was wondering what other guitars were out there. Tops I can go is $570

I have one. It's lovely. Although the neck-heavyness requires getting used to when standing up.
They're "duncan designed" and have a licensed FR.

I liked it anyway...
I was looking at the Kramer Vanguard, have any of you guys played it?
We have pretty similar music tastes, and my guitar matches your specs perfectly. It has a damn good floyd, mahogany body, 24 frets, etc. Try an Ibanez S-Series, mine is the S5EX1:

also comes in grey if you don't like the gold.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

that Ibanez gave me a boner O:!

I had looked at the S420 too, I gotta admit it's got KILLER specs perfect for what I'm looking for, but I want to have more options too

I really like the Rhoads and King Vs. Out of those 3 guitars: s420, rx10d, kvx10. Which would you get?