Here is my setup right now:

Mbox 2
Pro Tools LE that came with it
The computer is an iMac, 4 GB Ram, 3.06 processor, not sure about the rest.

Now comes the questions:
- I'm using Steven Slate for drums, and I use one of the pre-sets that shows up when I load it in Pro Tools (Cracky Metal). Now I was wondering what can I do to improve the cymbals, because the way they come doesn't exactly sound great. For example, how can I replace a cymbal with another within that drum kit?

- Also, I was wondering what is a good amp simulator for rock and metal (metal predominantly). I see a bunch of free VSTs in this forum, but all are for Windows, so I guess I'll have to buy one.
For now, I have been plugging my guitar to the Mbox and also my Boss ME-70, so I use the distortion from that, I would think that amp simulators would sound better than that, right?

- And last, are there good VSTs for bass sounds? I've been using the sounds from this plug in called Xpand 2 on Pro Tools, was wondering if there is anything better.

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'd appreciate any help.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Mar 24, 2011,
First of all, I thought Pro Tools didn't run VST's? (LE and M-Powered are RTAS-only, right?) so there's no point in you looking for free VST's... you're in the same boat as me and the Logic users here in looking for a format rarely done free (though in our case, AU).

Anyway, my advice would be to ditch LE... compared to 'real' Pro Tools, and other reputable DAWs, it is a joke and no match even for 'cheapware'. Try Reaper if you don't wanna go busting a nut on a new DAW, although as a Mac user I think Logic Studio is the most complete package available on Mac in one bundle, as far as great software and bundled instruments/plug-ins and extras.

As for the cymbal thing... I don't use drum programs so can't really help - I prefer to program my drums for demos in Logic's piano roll, using MIDI to control my own collection of samples... advantages are I can make my own kit for each track (I could have tons of kicks in one 'kit' for example). Could give that a try if you like?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
First of all, I thought Pro Tools didn't run VST's? (LE and M-Powered are RTAS-only, right?) so there's no point in you looking for free VST's... you're in the same boat as me and the Logic users here in looking for a format rarely done free (though in our case, AU).

You could use a VST to RTAS wrapper.
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--