Not sure if anyone will understand what i'm trying to achieve let alone what i'm asking haha! But here goes;

I write all the songs for my band using Tux Guitar. A free software similar to guitar pro. I programme the instruments and send them to our singer and go from there.

I've started experimenting with different instruments and styles of music using this programme, but theres only so much you can do with midi glockenspiels and a midi acoustic kit haha so...

Are there any programmes out there that are as easy to programme into as guitar pro, but that use something more than midi. Drum samples or whatever? I would be up for paying for the right programme but i've wasted money on over-complicated music recording software before. I'm not much of a techy so i have trouble with the complicated mic set ups etc. Hence why i turned to midi.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Ask me anything you need to know

Thanks a lot. Jamie.
Fruity loops is a very easy to use programme with a lot of decent sounding plugins already installed and more to buy, have a look at the demos on youtube.
I always thought fruity loops was just for drums? haha.

Do either of these programmes have a guitar tabbing feature like Guitar pro?
FL Studio. It can be used for simplicity, but there's also lots of possibilities for more advanced results.

Forget guitar tabbing and learn to use the piano roll. It'll be very useful.
so no programmes use guitar tabbing?

Piano roll? I'll look this up. Does it work well with guitar samples?
you'll be much better off in the long run if you thoroughly learn how to use whatever you get/have and not be scared off by anything that looks complicated. youtube and google are your best friends if you dont know anyone who can teach you.

MIDI is not your problem with those instruments. MIDI is just a bunch of 1's and 0's. it's the sounds that you're triggering that's the issue, and it's not hard these days to find very good sounds.

Learning how to use a piano roll will help a lot too. FL studio is a decent place to start for getting into that stuff.
Quote by sandyman323
you'll be much better off in the long run if you thoroughly learn how to use whatever you get/have and not be scared off by anything that looks complicated. youtube and google are your best friends if you dont know anyone who can teach you.

MIDI is not your problem with those instruments. MIDI is just a bunch of 1's and 0's. it's the sounds that you're triggering that's the issue, and it's not hard these days to find very good sounds.

Learning how to use a piano roll will help a lot too. FL studio is a decent place to start for getting into that stuff.

This, except that MIDI is hexadecimal, not binary (unless I've misremembered a lecture from last year)
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
This, except that MIDI is hexadecimal, not binary (unless I've misremembered a lecture from last year)

Heh.... I never even considered that as a possibility. You learn something new every day, they say.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
hex is still binary...

15 in hex is F and in binary is 1111. hex is basically four binary digits, or a nibble, compressed to one digit. hex is just easier to work with for humans, but the computer is still working in binary.

anyway, fruity loops is a nice place to start. the sequencer is pretty easy to work with, especially for drums. it has a pretty easy to use piano roll as well, which makes things a lot easier. i believe it still has a free demo (you just cant save), which you might want to check out.