They are so hard to find! It seems like the music industry picks and promotes the same, IMO, crap and I want to find the people that are making an impact on music. Any bands you like or know about?

I'll contribute Fictionist. They're a band that's getting growing popularity and they're now competing for the cover of Rolling Stone with a few other bands, a lot of whom sound just run-of-the-mill. I like fictionist because they combine sounds reminiscent of the past with a modern edge. It's this kind of music I think that will eventually gain a footing on the future. I can't see us telling epic stories to our grand kids years from now about how we loved Rihanna or Lady Gaga!

So who are your bands?
Quote by flashbandit
They are so hard to find! It seems like the music industry picks and promotes the same, IMO, crap and I want to find the people that are making an impact on music. Any bands you like or know about?

Seriously, some of these people are making an impact on music. You think Lady Gaga won't have have (or hasn't already had) a huge impact on pop music?

In order for a band to have an impact on music they need to reach a wide audience. That requires fame, so while there are very many great bands out there they just can't affect the masses the way a famous group can.

I think two up and coming bands that will have at least a decent impact on music are Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machine. Both these groups have had growing mainstream appeal with there debut albums along with a unique, yet accessible sound. No autotune explains itself.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ugh, autotune
And ya I agree that Lady Gaga and other pop idols definitely will have an influence on pop and even other music for sure, so I resend that. I'm more thinking of bands that are evolving new music instead of building on the old, and something more agreeably artistic.

I'll check out your suggestions!
Lady Gaga rules. I wouldn't expect someone who thinks it's hard to find great young artists to know anything about music though.
I'm an asshole.