Poll: Gun or college money?
Poll Options
View poll results: Gun or college money?
Gun!!!
27 27%
College moolah!!!
44 44%
What you really need is a new amp
29 29%
Voters: 100.
Alright Pit, I need your help. My grandfather just recently passed away, and he was an avid outdoorsman for most of his life. In his will he left all of his firearms to us grandchildren (there's 5 of us) and I just got a call from my mother asking if I wanted one of his guns (it would be a nice shotgun or rifle (the saturday night special is going to be destoryed by my uncle who is a deputy sheriff).) My family isn't loaded, so any money to go towards college would help. (And as stated before, these are nice firearms, so they would fetch a worthwhile amount.) So, seeing as most of you are males who better understand this than the females in my life, I ask you for your guidance on the subject.

For the record, I am not much of an outdoorsman myself, but I occasionally do go out hunting.
I pride myself on my humility.
Last edited by mtshark at Mar 24, 2011,
What type of gun?

edit:

Rifle or shotgun.....i would say money unless they were antiques or collectibles
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Well I guess the question is "Are you yourself an outdoorsman?" If not, sell the gun.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Dude, first of all, I feel sorry about your grandfather.

Sell the guns, and got to college. I'm pretty sure he would want you to do that aswell.

It doesn't make sense to keep them.

Things with materialistic value are only usefull for people who are alive.
Quote by BlaiseTheSlayer
Well I guess the question is "Are you yourself an outdoorsman?" If not, sell the gun.

This, pretty much. Unless they have some sentimental value, of course, then you should probably keep it, without the bolt if you're going to put it on a wall or such.
Think about it this way - If you use the gun to rob some banks, you'll have both college money and the rifle. Win-win?
DeVillains!
Gun.

You might fail college so it's better to play it safe and get the gun.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I would never sell my guns unless it were in the most desperate of circumstances, I have some from my dad and I will give them to my son. But I've also been an avid hunter and fisher all my life, outdoors is a big part of my life and my families life, most of my favorite memories of my family are from the hunting camp. So im a bit partial in this I guess.

It comes down to how much this gun means to you.

Man I thought this title was gun or monkey......stupid brain reading what it wants to see.

Go with money.
I'd say gun, but that's because I'm a more sentimental person, and would rather have something to remember someone by than money. But if you're really hurting for money and not just using this for fast and easy money, go for it.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Money, because you can graduate from college and make the money to buy a gun.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Sorry for your loss, TS. What would your grandfather want?

I would say keep the gun (shotgun, preferably). It would be nice to have the sentimental value. Only sell it if you desperately need the money (in which case your happiness might mean more to your grandfather).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by WaitWhat?
Gun.

You might fail college so it's better to play it safe and get the gun.

This mans logic is un-deniable.
Gun! I keep my grandfathers 1930s revolver by my bed and his shotgun in the safe, with all my fathers long guns as well as my evil black rifles. I don't even hunt, but I like to go out to the range a few times a year and further damage my hearing and kill some paper.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
Gun! I keep my grandfathers 1930s revolver by my bed and his shotgun in the safe, with all my fathers long guns as well as my evil black rifles. I don't even hunt, but I like to go out to the range a few times a year and further damage my hearing and kill some zombies.

Where do you find 'em, I've been looking all over...
If you take the gun and at some point in your life things start going downhill, you can end it really easily.
If you take the money and go to college you might have a slight chance to live a fulfilling life, but if thins go downhill, you might use slower/more painful methods to end it or you'll end up a bum on the street because you didn't have a gun.
Quote by L2112Lif
Where do you find 'em, I've been looking all over...

The local pistol range has zombie targets, they even had a theme night last halloween with different zombie targets and black lights and such.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I'd go for the guns, but that's just because I like guns.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
requiescat in pace grandpa
and I would say keep the gun.
They're cool, they're metal, and they're the cheapest security system available. Keep it.
FORZA CATANIA
I'd go with the gun. If you don't care much for it, you can always sell it.
But if you do care, it's a nice keepsake to remember your grandfather by.
Getting a part-time job for the money (if possible) will solve that problem too, but now I'm veering off the topic.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Get the new amp, then join the army. That way you get a gun and a free college education. Win win.
Try to see how much the guns are worth. If you can fetch a fair amount from them (more than the money you're currently looking at), then get the gun and sell it.
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
Well, it sounds like if I opt for the gun it will be either a .22 rifle or a 12 gauge shotgun. I still have no word on how much they would fetch for. Any thoughts?
I pride myself on my humility.
Sell the guns and go to college. Use your time in college to study how to travel back in time. Use said knowledge to create a time traveling device to go back to where you previously made the decision on guns or money and take the guns again. Guns, money, time machine...steal a new amp while your at it...maybe a potted plant.
Money unless you'll get a lot of use out of the guns or they hold sentimental value, though from the OP it sounds like they don't.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Depends how much money your getting compared to the street value of the weapon, you gotta do some figures than make a choice