Page 1 of 2
This has probably been done before, and I didn't bother to searchbar because it would have probably yielded an old thread which I would be yelled at for necroing. So deal with it.
If you could have any animal in the history of the world as a pet, what animal would you choose?
I'd have a pet Spinosaurus and name him Cuddles.
I don't find the concept of keeping pets a very humane one and I find it a bit sickening to be honest.

A Jolteon if I had to choose.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 24, 2011,
I can't imagine a pet better than my GSD pup, she's only 5 months old and awesome!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I don't find the concept of keeping pets a very humane one and I find it a bit sickening to be honest.

Oh yes showering a dog with affection, feeding it, letting it swim in my pool, sleep in my bed, and run around my large yard is so inhumane. I'm a monster.

Edit. a Valosoraptor (spelling?)
Quote by WCPhils
Oh yes showering a dog with affection, feeding it, letting it swim in my pool, sleep in my bed, and run around my large yard is so inhumane. I'm a monster

Well, for claiming it's your dog and that you choose what it should do.Yes.
Cactus
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I just don't get what people mean by that. If you mean domesticated animals in general I get you. But if you mean dogs should just run wild, thats what I don't get. Sorry that I came across as a douche if I did.
Quote by WCPhils
I just don't get what people mean by that. If you mean domesticated animals in general I get you. But if you mean dogs should just run wild, thats what I don't get. Sorry that I came across as a douche if I did.

Get by what? I think it's sickening that people call their pets their own. Do you own the dog or do you live with it?

Why claim ownership over another living being?
I just meant that I have met people that say they don't like domesticated animals. I'm ok with people thinking that if they want even If I don't agree. What bothers me is when someone bashes me for having a dog even though it lives better than a lot of people children.
Quote by Silent Murder

It's a shame they need such high maintenance.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale

A Jolteon if I had to choose.

I want to change my answer, if I could have any pet ever, I'd want...........

......wait for it.....

A troll!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I know man, i love trees, the earth, animals, and i wish the world could live in peace.

****ing hippie
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Get by what? I think it's sickening that people call their pets their own. Do you own the dog or do you live with it?

Why is it sickening?
You provide a home for the dog, you feed the dog, you take the dog to a vet, ... dude, it's YOUR dog.
imo it's absurd to say you 'live with your dog'

EDIT: to contribute to the thread I'd say a sloth or an anteater
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

yeah, my dog would love to be kicked out on the streets in the cold so he could go try to find his own food so he does not die. Thats what he really wants.
Quote by Radiohead_u2
yeah, my dog would love to be kicked out on the streets in the cold so he could go try to find his own food so he does not die. Thats what he really wants.

Thank God. Other reasonable people. I thought I was being punked at the biggining of this thread
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

A classic case of somebody having an opinion that is outlandish just to be attention grabbing. There are far worse things in the world then caring lovingly for animals, I imagine.
A mole. The saddest thing I've ever heard, was that I could never have a pet mole. They have panic attacks and die if they're not underground.

Maybe if I got it drunk all the time, showed it some titty bars, it'd man up.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Radiohead_u2
This. Haters stfu. Our dogs eat better than most people ever do. They're not complaining.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
A wolverine.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
A classic case of somebody having an opinion that is outlandish just to be attention grabbing. There are far worse things in the world then caring lovingly for animals, I imagine.

Attention grabbing? I'm not forcing anyone to answer me. I stated my opinion. I don't blame others for having pets, but I don't have pets of my own.

"there are far worse things in the world". Wow, what a solid argument for not having opinions about subjects.

Wow, people really started to cry now?

"my dog isn't complaining"

Yeah well he doesn't know what else exists, not that I say anyone of you treat your pets in a bad way. I don't think you do, but what would a dog know about anything else but what is put in front of it?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Wow, people really started to cry now?
Read:

Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

What? Inhumane?
Are you a vegan?

I have a Rat, and she sleeps on me. She's clearly incredibly unhappy about being in my possession.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by DecaPodge

What? Inhumane?
Are you a vegan?

I have a Rat, and she sleeps on me. She's clearly incredibly unhappy about being in my possession.

I'm sure she is. I would too

I did not state I think these pets are being taken care of in a bad manner whatsoever, I however find it weird to claim ownership over other living beings.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Attention grabbing? I'm not forcing anyone to answer me. I stated my opinion. I don't blame others for having pets, but I don't have pets of my own.

Opinions are fine and I respect everyone elses. But seriously, you said "it's sickening" that people call their pets their own. I'm my father and mothers son, aren't I?
Besides, I racially abuse my dog because he's black. Fair game.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Opinions are fine and I respect everyone elses. But seriously, you said "it's sickening" that people call their pets their own. I'm my father and mother son, aren't I?
Besides, I racially abuse my dog because he's black. Fair game.

I find it sickening when people see their pets as their own and their possesion yes. If it's your friend it's another thing. But I think people really try to misunderstand every single thing they read in here just for the sake of being e-tough guys.

I think people really know what I meant and just wanted to act stupid to be able to insult me.

Either that or idiocy is the new trend.

Do your parents own you?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I find it sickening when people see their pets as their own and their possesion yes. If it's your friend it's another thing. But I think people really try to misunderstand every single thing they read in here just for the sake of being e-tough guys.

I think people really know what I meant and just wanted to act stupid to be able to insult me.

We didn't ask you to roll in here with a ludicrous claim you can't support other than it's your opinion.

EDIT: Furthermore, it is my opinion that the song Friday is actually good. Anything you say regarding how terrible the lyrics are at this point is rendered moot because you disagree with me.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Last edited by BeerBlood at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I hardly see how you're getting any tough guy bravado from me, but how could you guess? My dream pet would be my Rhino called Bruce and my Shark called Frank.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I'm sure she is. I would too

I did not state I think these pets are being taken care of in a bad manner whatsoever, I however find it weird to claim ownership over other living beings.

So you're against having children?
It isn't weird.
I'm sure if an animal could choose to have a life full of being treated nicely (in most cases) or being in the wild at risk of disease, hunting, being eaten by higher species in the food chain, etc etc, then it would choose to be a pet.

Besides which, that's what domesticated animals are for.
Pets.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Quote by BeerBlood
We didn't ask you to roll in here with a ludicrous claim you can't support other than it's your opinion.

The thread was about pets, I stated my opinion about pets.

Why would I support my opinion in any other way than stating it's my opinion?

Off to eat some meat. Hope it's delicious.

Quote by DecaPodge
So you're against having children?
It isn't weird.
I'm sure if an animal could choose to have a life full of being treated nicely (in most cases) or being in the wild at risk of disease, hunting, being eaten by higher species in the food chain, etc etc, then it would choose to be a pet.

Besides which, that's what domesticated animals are for.
Pets.

That's what domesticated animals are for? That's what we claim they are for not what they are for.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The thread was about pets, I stated my opinion about pets.

Why would I support my opinion in any other way than stating it's my opinion?

You can't eat the meat though, because it's an animal and you don't own it, and as you don't own it that means it's stealing.

THIEF!

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
That's what domesticated animals are for? That's what we claim they are for not what they are for.

Well what the hell else are they for?
That's the whole meaning of the word 'domesticated' they were bred over the years to be suitable for home keeping.
If you release a domestic animal into the wild, it would most probably die within a few days, and if not it would have a much shorter lifespan as it has not adapted to living in the wild.

Unless you're arguing that domesticated animals shouldn't exist, fair enough if you don't see the point of pets, but I doubt Humans would have advanced thus far if they had never kept animals in some form or another.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Last edited by DecaPodge at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Did anyone here claim to be vegetarian or something? I must have missed it.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
probably a hawt girl. specifically a redhead. one that's good with kids. i could keep her in a cage, walk her around on a leash, teach her to fetch the paper, that sort of stuff. fun.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
probably a hawt girl. specifically a redhead. one that's good with kids. i could keep her in a cage, walk her around on a leash, teach her to fetch the paper, that sort of stuff. fun.
Quote by thegonia777
feminist Balrog guy!?

Mine would be Sasquatch.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Do your parents own you?

if your parents feed you, give you a place to live and love you then yes, I would say they do own you in some way.

I think your more mad at people in the world thinking they can own everything they can buy. (witch is a problem and does piss me off) But your thing with dogs is just plain stupid.
Last edited by Radiohead_u2 at Mar 24, 2011,
Page 1 of 2