so short and sweet, for my heavier tones i have my head on lead with pre gain around 4-5, and a OCD as a boost,(may buy a ts9 today ) and the post at around 4(maybe more but this is for shows that we arent mic'd) and i never really have a huge feeback problem with my noisegate. when im on my rhythm with gain cranked ihave some feedback problems, but the really problem is i want just a tad more gain on it.i dont know if boosting is just the answer, because whenever i do that i get insane feedback and i cant deal with it. any suggestions?

ALSO!
should i get a ts9 or the ts9dx turbo?

and anyone try the new ibanez pedals, the bottom booster and jet drive?
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
what are the settings on your boost?
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
As far as I've played on the 6505 - having the gain at 5 is pretty damn high already. You sure your tone isn't just mush at that point?
no it seems fine to me, i dont play with the gain cranked and stuff but it always seems like mine has a little less gain that others. anyway on the ocd its usually volume mac\x, gain min, and tone set for taste which used to be high but lately ive been lowering it on the pedal and using the amp eq a tad more.

sorry i completely forgot to add the settings. i also forgot to add thanks for deal with all the Boost questions and ideas when they came to me last minute
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Sounds like a tube problem then. Poke your pre-amp tubes a little while the amp is on and see if they make a bunch of noise (they should make a little), if they do, they have gone bad.

The only other suggestion I would have is try using you rhythm channels volume knob instead of the gain knob to get more gain, but I dont know if peaveys work like marshalls....

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
how do i get to the preamp tubes? arent they in like a metal case on those amps? i have no idea how to open them
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I just looked at a picture and actually have no idea.... Do you have a manual? you may be able to find one on peavey's website.

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
i did once and found nothing, guess ill check again
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify