Any comments or thoughts about the gibson les paul classic and anybody know a famous guitarist who uses it ?
none of that should be relevant to you.

go and try a gibson les paul classic and find out what you think of it. nobody elses opinion is of any use to you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It's a personal thing really. Some people like them, some don't.
I love my 1993 gold top classic. they have the slim profile 60's neck, which works perfect for my tiny little fingers. Ceramic magnet, high output p/us for some dirty Rock n Roll. What's not to love.

As for artists who use them, I refer to the above post, minus the snotty attitude it was written in.

If you want to know so you can see what kind of sound you can get from it, that won't help you anyway, as you would have to match their set up aswell to get near the same sound. When we break from practice, my bassplayer will grab my guitar sometimes, and with all the effects the same, he will have a different sound than I do just from the way he plays it.

Best bet is to try one yourself, and try a few different models like a standard or even a high end Epiphone to see what your tastes are.
Enjoy whatever you end up getting.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Last edited by GOLDIE93 at Mar 24, 2011,
Quote by GOLDIE93
As for artists who use them, I refer to the above post, minus the snotty attitude it was written in.

that's the way you interpreted it. your interpretation, your problem

the main thing is you understood the point i was trying to make
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
All good then.
That's the problem with the written word these days. It can be read way different than it was intended. The way I read it, was that you came off as being one of those people who take the time to write in a post, only to say how annoyed they are that someone created a thread that they just HAD to read, and then write in. Instead of just ignoring it and moving on.
Sorry dude...

Hugs and kisses
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
James Dean Bradfield from Manic Street Preachers uses one, he got a nice tone out of it but then again it's down to the amp he uses is well and if you like that style of music. Probably best to try one yourself to be honest
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Tried one - liked it. Couldn't justify buying another LP at the time, though.

If you're thinking of buying one then head to a Gibson dealer, line up the LPs in your price range (even multiples of the same model) and try them all out through as near as you can get to your set up (or planned set up - be realistic). Pick whichever sounds and feels best to you.

One man's trash is anothers treasure... etc..
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Are they even made any more? I thought they stopped making them a couple of years ago when they bought in the Standard with the asymmetrical neck and made the regular-necked LP the 'Traditional'. I haven't seen a Classic in stores for at least two years.
A freind just bought one brand new and can't keep his G string in tune. I have an LP Studio and it stays in tune less than all my other guitars with Grovers that only cost $500. A lot of people switch out the tuners for this reason. For a guitar that cost that much it is a shame.
Im considering a goldtop 1997 lp classic , but the price is higher than a 1990 1991 cherry burst les paul classic