So I've been looking at noise gates/suppressors and it seems they all act as gates, cutting out extra noise when you're not playing, but as soon as you hit a note, the noise comes back in with the note. I was wondering if there were any pedals out there that clean up the noise when you hit the note.

So far I've tried:
BOSS NS-2 - just plain horrible - tone sucked and hiss still present

ISP Decimator - was ok, but had to return it because it was overheating (really weird); I had this when I first started and only owned it for a few days before I returned it. I don't remember much about it and was thinking of trying it again, but I think it was strictly a gate and the hiss came back in with the notes... I think... this was 5 years ago....

EHX Hum Debugger - didn't do anything but color my tone (like a slight chorus-reberb effect)

I am using clean power, AC15, Epi Sheraton or MIM strat, but I get a lot of hiss from my Boss AC3 =/
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
I'm not familiar with any actual suppressors. It would probably be easier and cheaper to mod your noisy pedals to be quiet.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've considered that as well (and would actually prefer it), but I don't even know where to start. What part of the pedal usually contributes to noise? Is it the resistors, capacitors, wiring, pots, LEDs, etc? I have a little experience soldering and replacing caps, but anything more complex, I dunno...
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Try a Decimator again, mine contains some nasty noise from stacking fuzz pedals and preserves my tone flawlessly!
Well it seems like neither Analogman nor monteallums has an AC3 mod yet. Maybe someone around here who is more savvy in such things could give you more info.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah i've been checking for AC2/3 mods all over, including analogman and the forums here but nothing... yeah I was thinking of getting a decimator for my fuzzes anyways... as of now, I'm thinking of just returning the AC3, but if i take a solder iron to it, I can't return it